Talk

Advanced search

Cancelled plans

(9 Posts)
Moothedoo Sun 04-Sep-16 19:13:36

I've name changed here because this might be identifying.

Today I didn't go to a surprise event. I sent a message to the organiser first thing and also to another attendee. The reasons I felt I couldn't go were that EBF DS was unwell so I couldn't take him, I spent yesterday stuck in traffic for a considerable time resulting in aggravating pregnancy complications that are very painful and could worsen if I'm not careful, also there was the real possibility of being stuck in traffic again today. This is ontop of other health problems that have worsened this weekend.

I planned to speak to the person who the event was for once it was over and offer my apologies (obviously couldn't do this before the surprise). I've received a passive aggressive message questioning why I "couldn't be bothered" to attend. They did have a simplified version of my reasons. I have explained the issues with the travelling and the other health problems. I've been told that these are not good enough reasons and questioning my character. So was IBU to not go? Also aibu to be upset by this person's reaction? There are some childhood abuse issues that have been triggered in the last week so i don't know if I'm being overly sensitive.

TheNewSchmoo Sun 04-Sep-16 19:15:48

No you're not, the person is being a prick.

(disclaimer..... Red wine turns off my bluntness filter)

GeneralBobbit Sun 04-Sep-16 19:16:35

Anyone telling you they're not good enough reasons and questioning your character needs dumping/ not replying to.

This is a family member right? No actual friend would do this.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 04-Sep-16 19:17:06

Personally I wouldn't be bothered what someone with such little compassion thought about me!

Balletgirlmum Sun 04-Sep-16 19:20:09

One of the reasons on their own would have been good enough excuse.

This person needs removing from your life.

Ginslinger Sun 04-Sep-16 19:21:39

I think this person is being very unreasonable and I wouldn't waste any time on replying. Give it a few days until you feel a bit more like yourself and see how you want to manage it.

Blondieblondie Sun 04-Sep-16 19:23:23

So the recipient of the surprise has had something lovely organised for them and the bit they're interested in is how to hurt the feelings of someone who had good reason not to be there? They sound like someone quite horrible, ungrateful, and who will always find fault.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sun 04-Sep-16 19:24:38

flowers if this person is your mother, OP!

Moothedoo Sun 04-Sep-16 19:46:33

Thank you for the responses it has made me feel a lot better. Yes it is a family member, not my mother, but unfortunately she would act like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now