Advanced search

Neighbours kid screaming

(61 Posts)
Evilstepmum01 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:44:48

wwyd? next doors DS(6) is in his bedroom screaming and crying at his mum and her boyf to leave him alone, fuck off, get out......etc.
Background-this boy has some problems...ADHD, ASD, sensory disorder (not clearly diagnosed) and the main problem-his mum. SS are involved but she refuses to follow advice/accept help. She has no bond with him. Nothing. Its sad to see. He's chucked into the garden or out at the park, just out of the house so she doesnt have to deal with him.
This lad has hit/kicked/punched/bitten/stoned/spat on/exposed himself to/sworn/screamed and abused nearly all the local kids (not mine, ours dont go out unattended). He's caused all manner of problems, been the subject of complaints to housing association and police.
For the last half hour/ 40 mins, he has been screaming and crying go away, get out, fuck off loud enough for me to hear on the other side of the house. And loud enough for all the neighbours in a half mile to hear.
Horrible to hear, despite his antisocial issues, hes still just a wee boy. One I keep my kids away from, but still.

Wwyd? Another complaint to SS? Does any of this help him? Poor lost soul.

popthisoneout Sat 03-Sep-16 23:48:05

Yes I would inform SS. They can get a better picture of how things are for him when they have more information.

He's clearly struggling and being out alone and unsupervised at 6 years old is neglect.

WorraLiberty Sat 03-Sep-16 23:48:20

If you're close enough to your neighbours to know all of this, can you not give them a knock and ask if everything is ok?

longdiling Sat 03-Sep-16 23:49:59

Christ that's terrible. He's so little still sad my 6 year old is my 'baby'. I would definitely consider a call to SS. Hopefully if they get enough information about his home life they can intervene more?

YouTheCat Sat 03-Sep-16 23:51:28

I'd phone 101 and ask for advice. He's very young. Kids don't act like that unless there are reasons.

Haggisfish Sat 03-Sep-16 23:51:35

Yes they sound like they'd take that helpful enquiry really wellconfused. I'd call social services emergency number (Google) or call police non emergency number and inform them.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 03-Sep-16 23:51:35

I'm no expert, but. I'd say. He clearly has a all the signs of a very unattached child.
The poor little lamb.
Yes I'd give SS a call.

DelicatePreciousThing1 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:52:02

Social Services.

pictish Sat 03-Sep-16 23:52:14

Yes I'd want to speak to someone about him. Wee soul. xx

Dumbledumb Sat 03-Sep-16 23:56:33

Without a doubt social services!!!

WorraLiberty Sat 03-Sep-16 23:58:35

How is social services going to help him right now though?

The OP either needs to go round there, or call the police and ask their advice.

ColdTeaAgain Sat 03-Sep-16 23:59:38

Yes definitely social services.

The shouting is hopefully just down to his behavioural issues but how can you know for sure their isn't abuse happening? If this is unusual I would be tempted to report to police as well.

Poor thing. They all need a lot of help by the sounds of it.

ColdTeaAgain Sat 03-Sep-16 23:59:52


Arfarfanarf Sun 04-Sep-16 00:02:31

Yes. Carry on reporting to ss. The child needs help and support.

SingaSong12 Sun 04-Sep-16 00:03:52

I'd call social services - even if they don't do something immediately it will add to the knowledge they have of the child that neighbours can hear it and are concerned enough to report.

Evilstepmum01 Sun 04-Sep-16 00:05:17

Worra, I get on ok with his mother (shes had fights with most of our neighbours) and she isnt a bad person. But if shes refusing help from our other neighbours (a few have tried), I dont see what I can do.
Like I said SS are involved, but facing resistance. This summer, the boy has been awful behaved, standing on shed roof peeing into neighbours garden is only some of it. We bring our kids in if hes kicking off. When he kicks off.
He is only 6, its easy for neighbours to hate him, but he's a very lost little boy. He sits playing age 18 games on the xbox, god knows what hes seeing.
Ive never seen his mum hug him or speak nicely to him. and i see him a lot.

HeathensRuleTheWorld Sun 04-Sep-16 00:06:18

Go and knock on and say you heard the noise is everything ok? Do they need any help? Say their DS sounds very distressed and you're checking they're OK.

And call 101 and ss

MotherOfROC Sun 04-Sep-16 00:08:07

If you have good relationship with neighbours can you go and see if all is ok? My DS 10 has ADHD and Autism and when he has a meltdown can be like this shouting and swearing. It's a very difficult situation to be in . However if the mother is neglecting him that is a different matter

WorraLiberty Sun 04-Sep-16 00:09:03

Right so, from what you've said it sounds possible that the child is in some kind of danger right now.

So what are you going to do right now?

I can only think of

A) Go and knock (since you get on ok with the mother) and ask if everything's ok.

B) Ring the police and tell them what you've told us.

Ringing SS will not help this little boy right now, if something horrible is happening to him. Not that we know it is, but that's the whole point of trying to find out.

ColdTeaAgain Sun 04-Sep-16 00:11:41

Is he still shouting? 40mins is a long time to hear someone in distress. If this was an adult everyone would be saying police now. I don't think just assume because this is a child with known ASD you can assume he is not in dangeR.

Rubberduck2 Sun 04-Sep-16 00:13:01

Phone the police.

I imagine anyone knocking on will get a mouthful as they are entering an already stressful conversation.

Don't leave it any longer op, he's only 6 years old. The police will action SS also I believe.

Italiangreyhound Sun 04-Sep-16 00:14:56

I agree with WorraLiberty.

RunningLulu Sun 04-Sep-16 00:15:12

Appearances might not be everything. What you see as apathy and lack of bonding might be severe depression. Looking after SN kids is really hard, more so if they're having severe meltdowns like this, & the neighbours are judging you. For all you know she could be doing everything SS tell her to & the kid's still kicking off.

I think you should call SS anonymously but don't approach her. As SS are involved already nobody will be surprised by them returning & maybe if they hear about the meltdown they'll step up their game. Social care for SN kids and in particular autism can be terrible.

TikTakTok Sun 04-Sep-16 00:16:42

Maybe record the shouting in case SS or the police want to hear?

TealLove Sun 04-Sep-16 00:17:45

I think call the police.
Going on everything you say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now