Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to bring ds into my bed?

(9 Posts)
pointlessperson Sat 03-Sep-16 22:48:07

Feeling really low right now and struggling to sleep.
I just want to snuggle my ds (1)...
Wibu to move him from his bed to mine??? Just the once!

Velvetdarkness Sat 03-Sep-16 22:51:50

Yanbu at all. I cosleep with my littlest who is 2 and I love snuggling up to him.

Rainbowunicorn71 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:56:03

I can sympathise, have been there and agree there's nothing like snuggling a warm baby grin
However, whenever I was tempted I decided against it.
Because if it then set up a sleep habit that was hard to break then I'd be unhappy with it long term.
Because I didn't want to use my child to meet my own needs ( a tiny step in the grand scheme of things, but it mattered to me)
And because if it failed to do the trick and the baby was restless and I ended up feeling worse, I would feel awful putting baby back in the cot again.

Those were my reasons, not judging you though, I'm guessing people who co sleep regularly will post much more positively. So do whatever feels right.

Sending good thoughts your way though, hope you feel better soon.

guineapig1 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:00:11

If he's sleeping peacefully try not to disturb him. You would effectively be using him as a comfort blanket which isn't a great habit for either of you to start.

Sorry you're feeling down. Maybe try to wind down with the tv or radio or have a nice warm bath to get yoy feeling more sleepy.

BertrandRussell Sat 03-Sep-16 23:01:53

Perfectly fine. Go for it. You'll both be happier for it.

SingaSong12 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:03:27

Whag Rainbow said also whag will you say in the morning when DC wakes up and asks why they are in your bed? Could you just peek in and look at him?

pointlessperson Sat 03-Sep-16 23:13:23

Decided to just leave him be..will wait for his usual 4am call.

WhitePhantom Sat 03-Sep-16 23:18:53

Hope you're ok, op.

Your post and your username worry me... why are you feeling low? Would it help to talk?

NaturalRBF Sat 03-Sep-16 23:21:19

No other mammal sleeps away from their young. So if you want to do! It's a personal choice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now