Talk

Advanced search

To think my 2 year old is gifted and talented?

(29 Posts)
RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Sat 03-Sep-16 22:31:31

I opened the bathroom cabinet while she was next to me and saw her spot the Peppa Pig plasters. She loves the Peppa Pig plasters but is usually told no, you don't need one now.

I saw her open her mouth think and think better of it.

Than I watched her stick her finger hard into the door latch.

"ooh! Ow mummy! I need a plaster!" and suitable dramatic face.

DC1 wasn't this sneaky at the age of 2. Is she an evil genius?

OSETmum Sat 03-Sep-16 22:32:14

😂

ShowOfHands Sat 03-Sep-16 22:34:04

I'd consider a selective boarding school asap.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:34:22

My two year old loves the taste of Calpol and every now and then he will give a very obviously fake cough and say "Jimmy got big cough, Jimmy poorly, Jimmy need medicine please mummy" followed by the biggest puppy dog eyes grin

They definitely have evil genius streaks at this age I think!!

Ps) my son's name isn't really Jimmy smile

Shouldwebeworried Sat 03-Sep-16 22:36:52

My DD (3yrs) will do the fake cough and "I've got a bad cough mummy, I need some calpol" thing too !

Haudyerwheesht Sat 03-Sep-16 22:37:22

Oh this sounds like something Dd would've done. She's 5 now. Just prepare yourself.

seriously

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Sat 03-Sep-16 22:39:43

She often leaves me open mouthed in wonder at her toddler cunning. She's definitely going places. Possibly prison, for fraud.

paxillin Sat 03-Sep-16 22:43:18

2 year old nephew managed to blag a Bob the Builder plaster by telling me "Pax, I have a belly ache. Only a plaster will do." I duly applied a huge Bob the bloody builder plaster on his belly button. I had forgotten how, ahem, persuasive 2 year olds can be.

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Sat 03-Sep-16 22:45:56

Yes, you feel you can't say to a 2yo "no, you're a big liar, I know you're talking shite to get what you want." So you do what they want. Like take them for a wee when you know they don't need one, they just want to wash their hands for the millionth time that morning.

And they win. And they laugh at your weakness.

SquirrelPaws Sat 03-Sep-16 22:47:08

Sounds like mine. We had a "conversation" about how Mummy will always come and help if DD has done a poo or there's an emergency, but will be cross if woken in the night for silly reasons (e.g. Can't find teddy bear which is right there in the bed). 5 minutes later, 'Mummy, there's a 'mergency, I'm hurting my foot!' She's opening the bedroom door onto her foot, enough to hurt a bit but not enough to do any damage.

Jizzomelette Sat 03-Sep-16 22:52:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SatsukiKusakabe Sat 03-Sep-16 22:54:17

Mine did the exact same thing last week - only it was for plain brown Elastoplast, and the faked injury was sustained by prodding me in the side. I don't know if it means she's a genius, or just takes me for a fucking idiot.

There is nothing she won't do for a plaster, a crisp, or to deflect negative attention onto her brother. Typical example:

Me: did you just hit your brother on the head?
Her: Ouch ouch my finger!

hotdiggedy Sat 03-Sep-16 23:01:35

Make sure you tell her reception teacher about this. It is very important.

10storeylovesong Sat 03-Sep-16 23:02:10

Toddlers are definitely evil geniuses. Dh took my 3 ýear old ds to the Disney store and ds asked for Zootroplis figures. Dh explained that they were slightly more expensive than the money ds had (birthday money). He was absolutely gobsmacked when ds took the box to a store assistant and told them that he wanted to buy them but daddy said they were a bit too dear but the box was broken. . He got himself a discount bringing it into budget. I've never been prouder!

ReadyPlayerOne Sat 03-Sep-16 23:07:21

You definitely have a genius child there. My youngest has taken to copying her brother, the middle child, at his trick of collapsing on the floor if he's denied something he really wants. So now I have at any moment when I say the word "no" the chance of a four year old and a one year old dropping dramatically to the floor in a heap.

Catsize Sat 03-Sep-16 23:12:16

Have you kidnapped my daughter??

eggyface Sat 03-Sep-16 23:19:22

My 2 year old was just told he can't buy (yet more of) his favourite toys.
Why?
I don't have any money for that today.
Mummy, go home, you left money for the cleaner on the side, we can take that!

squoosh Sat 03-Sep-16 23:20:03

A mini Machiavelli. I'm sure there's a bit in The Art of War that covers Peppa Pig.

ZippyNeedsFeeding Sat 03-Sep-16 23:22:55

When my second son was 18 months old, he wanted to play outside but it was raining so i said no. He opened the front door, so i locked it. He went and fetched a screwdriver and started trying to remove the screws on the door handle.
I was very proud but also a little bit scared. He's 12 now and he is very bright, but I'm probably the only person who thinks he is an actual genius!

MintyGlint Sat 03-Sep-16 23:24:43

I feel like this is what mini minty will be like as she grows up.

Cookingongas Sat 03-Sep-16 23:29:14

I once told my daughter that - should she need it, I will always give her a cuddle, I said that she'll always know she's loved when I hold her in my arms no matter how naughty she's been ( I was trying to reassure her to be truthful when she knew she'd be in trouble) .

Two years later I'm held to this. I can be shouting at her for inpaling her sister with a javelin and I wil get " I need a cuddle ! I need to know you love me! Please cuddle me! You promised! You said always!" And I can't say no. And it's hard to stay angry. And she knows it.

GiddyOnZackHunt Sat 03-Sep-16 23:33:29

Dear God 10 your ds needs a CEO post at a FTSE 100 company now

Cloudybutwarm Sat 03-Sep-16 23:34:19

When my ds1 was 2 and a bit, I said to him one morning that he could watch some tv at 9:30, I pointed to the clock on the cooker and explained what the numbers had to be.

He stepped up to the cooker and CHANGED THE FRIGGING CLOCK TO SAY 9:30. I don't even know how to change the clock.

He is indeed an evil genius.

SofiaAmes Sat 03-Sep-16 23:41:12

My dd was like this. She was speaking in full sentences at 12 months. When she was 3 and I moved back to the USA and had to find a new babysitter. I went through 5 of them before finally finding one (who had a masters in education) who could handle her. With the others, I would come home at 11pm and she would be up, having told the babysitter very articulately how she was ALWAYS allowed to stay up until mom came home on Tuesdays with a full moon. Babysitters were so used to children having temper tantrums to get their way, so were unprepared for assessing the veracity of a 3 year old's adult sounding story. Dd is now 13 and putting her persuasion skills to much better uses like convincing her teachers that she really doesn't need to do all the homework like the other kids. I seem to be the only person immune to her persuasions (I HAVE to go to Rocky Horror tonight because "Jane's" mom has finally said yes and it's the only time she'll EVER be able to go....and you have to drive me home at 3am because you are the only parent able to be focused enough to drive at 3am). Her current career ambition is Trophy Wife (this in a family full of generations of professional educated females).

Masketti Sat 03-Sep-16 23:45:38

"cough cough I've got a bad throat mummy. I need Calpol"

I've tried telling my 3.5 year old Calpol is only for temperatures not sore throats but then she gets me the thermometer to stick in her ear!

😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now