Undelivered Worried

(8 Posts)
Teezyweezy Sat 03-Sep-16 09:57:31

I ordered a very expensive tv unit from Oakfurnituresupermarket for delivery today and paid extra for a weekend delivery. I have had a text from the courier to say they cannot deliver today because the item has not arrived at their depot.

I am unable to speak to anyone at the store until Monday.

I have just found some really bad reviews online regarding this particular store and am feeling very alarmed.

Has anyone else had bought goods from this company. Would love some reassurance I have spent £599 with them.

BittyWanter Sat 03-Sep-16 10:05:33

I wouldn't worry about it now.

It's a bit shit you paid extra for it being delivered today-I would speak to someone on Monday and ask for that charge to be refunded.

Assuming you have receipts and contact numbers etc I wouldn't worry atm

wowfudge Sat 03-Sep-16 10:08:44

Screenshot the text - you should be refunded the extra delivery charge. I thought the delivery people were part of Oak Furniture Land.

DoveBlue Sat 03-Sep-16 10:09:24

How did you pay for it. As it is over £100 if paid on credit card you are extra protected. Credit card company will refund you and chase company themselves if it gets to that. At the moment though i wouldn't worry as they have contacted you not left you waiting all day.

FemaleDilbert Sat 03-Sep-16 10:25:43

As with pp, if you paid by credit card you are protected

Witchend Sat 03-Sep-16 11:44:30

I had similar with Dyson. It got sent to the wrong depot.

I was a bit cross on the phone as I'd really wanted it that day and they gave me a complimentary extra set of attachments worth quite a bit.

Teezyweezy Sat 03-Sep-16 13:44:51

Thanks for your calming feedback.

I do not usually buy furniture online, I am a bit wary, but I really did like this unit and I have been looking around for ages. So I decided to go for it.

I have been sat here alone worrying about it, so am quite reassured by your replies.

I think I will have a glass of wine to calm my frayed nerves.......too Early?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 03-Sep-16 23:22:05

We bought some stuff from them once. One of the tables turned up cracked. They replaced it. That one also turned up with a similar crack. Obviously damaged shipment. Wouldn't replace it anymore. Said they couldn't afford more free postage. We said tough tits, you promised us a table. They said no and refunded our money. Bloody useless. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now