Talk

Advanced search

To be a sock baller?

(42 Posts)
FrizzyMcFrizzface Fri 02-Sep-16 20:43:42

Cannot bear the flappy sock ends hanging out. Makes me think of those flappy foreskins. I always completely ball them up like a lovely balaclava that just allows the eye to peep out

Does anyone else do this? Or am I just weird? grin

ABloodyDifficultWoman Fri 02-Sep-16 20:45:44

I am a sock baller. I can't bear any other way - and considering my complete lack of housekeeping skills this is quite something! I am very strange about balling socks and having the cups in order in the cupboard!

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Fri 02-Sep-16 20:46:18

I do it to. Otherwise they look neglected and sad.

Rolling socks into balls is one of life's greatest pleasures.

peasandquiet Fri 02-Sep-16 20:49:14

My husband does this when he puts them in the washing basket. SO frustrating when the bloody things come out the tumble dryer still wet. Ball when clean loose when dirty !!

thegoodnameshadgone Fri 02-Sep-16 20:54:18

How else do they get kept in pairs???

FrizzyMcFrizzface Fri 02-Sep-16 20:54:30

Yes, absolutely, I only ball them when clean. Makes me grrr when DS1 leaves his all balled up and inside out in his laundry bin and then I have to turn said stinky sock back the right way for washing otherwise the stains don't come out (boak).

FrizzyMcFrizzface Fri 02-Sep-16 20:57:26

I mean in complete balls, not a couple of inches of the tops folded over together and the rest of the socks flapping out (shudder).

Lapinlapin Fri 02-Sep-16 20:59:00

Yanbu

Tis the only proper way to sort socks! smile

HonkHonkNose Fri 02-Sep-16 21:04:08

"Flappy foreskins" grin omg!

ijustwannadance Fri 02-Sep-16 21:04:35

Yep to sock balls.

Screw you Marie Kondo.

FrizzyMcFrizzface Fri 02-Sep-16 21:05:24

DM does it the flappy way and says it avoids overstretching the elastic...

We have never had any of our socks fall down yet, we wear them out too quickly.

I have to re-ball them when she has helped grin

WordsAreWind Fri 02-Sep-16 21:07:14

I'm a baller & DP is a flapper. He does them so neat though and i can't understand how 😂

FrizzyMcFrizzface Fri 02-Sep-16 21:07:45

Just realised what that might say about DF shock yuck!

(Tries to erase thought from brain)

SirKillalot Fri 02-Sep-16 21:08:45

Yep

mineofuselessinformation Fri 02-Sep-16 21:11:00

Umm...
If I'm being extra 'domestic goddess' they get folded in thirds, with top folded over rest. Can't cope with sock balls at all...

Hushabyelullaby Fri 02-Sep-16 21:12:19

YY I'd do this too -- and get irrationally annoyed when the top is balled but the rest of the socks are left hanging out--

thegoodnameshadgone Fri 02-Sep-16 21:13:07

I will always think of improperly balled socks as foreskins!!!

JollyHockeyGits Fri 02-Sep-16 21:13:21

Yep, I'm a baller, DH does some untidy thing which I fix (on mine, not bothered about his). As PP, I'm otherwise completely lackadaisical about housekeeping!

LifeIsGoodish Fri 02-Sep-16 21:14:21

I was brought up a baller, but found my own way into flapper-dom. Such a rebel! Balling is OK for plains, but not for fancy socks, nor thick socks.

(I do still ball tights, though. And those weird, legless, shoe-linerish-type sock things. And popsox.)

John4703 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:18:19

Cannot bear the flappy sock ends hanging out. Makes me think of those flappy foreskins.
What's wrong with foreskins?
I always pair my socks and my wife's socks into neat wee bundles. It is best that way.

PurplePenguins Fri 02-Sep-16 21:22:41

Flappy ends get caught and the socks come undone. Ball them up properly 😊

SueGeneris Fri 02-Sep-16 21:26:24

My socks go into sausages. I have never worked out how to do the balls.

FrizzyMcFrizzface Fri 02-Sep-16 21:27:49

Nothing wrong with them per se, I just prefer the ones that stop with a tiny bit of (ahem) helm showing, not the loose hangy down extra bit... blush

Gingernaut Sat 03-Sep-16 16:57:47

How do you do balls?

I'm a flapper and I come from a family of flappers - all my socks (trouser, sport and pop) are flappy.

I've never seen balls.

terrifyingtoes Sat 03-Sep-16 17:16:26

Ha, brilliant. Just returned from a visit to the in-laws. Had to ball up all the flapping pairs of socks the mil had produced! Guess I should just be grateful she was doing a bit of laundry for us smile. Flappy pairs look so untidy.

Actually thought the thread title was referring to saggy boobs. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now