To be sitting at home crying

(12 Posts)
nicknamehelp Fri 02-Sep-16 18:51:00

Dh is away for a supposedly well earned lads weekend away. Im again home alone with dc. I feel so lonely. Friends seemed recently to of abandoned me for no real reason i can think of. Dh at moment is either working or away visiting his patents who are v ill (i dont begrudge him that) but now im left again looking at his boozed up fb posts while i sit here lisening to dc argue.

wombattoo Fri 02-Sep-16 18:52:44

How sad nickname. Isn't there anyone at all you can spend some time with?

riceuten Fri 02-Sep-16 18:53:35

YANBU, but I do wonder if we have the complete story here - you state "now im left again looking at his boozed up fb posts" which I think evidences frustration with your husband.

Rozdeek Fri 02-Sep-16 18:53:38

Sorry to hear that. I'm home alone with crying baby as dp is out for work drinks. Feel like crying too so I empathise flowers

chocoLit Fri 02-Sep-16 18:57:24

What age are your DC?

My DH again this wkend and we barely see each other due to stressful work Env at moment.
So am currently sitting in living room with us all in pyjamas eating Pringles dipped in melted chocolate watching the jungle book and making plans for them tomorrow.

Mine may be a tad older at 13, 10 & 8 but I know they're what will get me through and sod the consequences of the Pringles & chocolate!! flowers

nicknamehelp Fri 02-Sep-16 18:58:13

I am an only child with hardly any family. This summer people i thought of as friends don't even reply to my invites.

Im frustrated at his posts as i never get the opportunity to be in his position.

Im so alone it hurts

nicknamehelp Fri 02-Sep-16 19:02:01

Dc are 9 and 12. And fed up with me

chocoLit Fri 02-Sep-16 19:18:05

Right then. Time to make a plan!!

I'm fed up being the stroppy over worked stressed mum so this wkend I'm having it off.

Yes you're allowed to be upset and miserable but you CAN change it.

So called friends who don't reply to invites need to be ignored and new relationships forged.

Let's start with the kids. What do they like to do and what can you join in with?

One step at a time flowers

TheHubblesWindscreenWipers Fri 02-Sep-16 19:27:24

Tell dh you're delighted he's having a nice weekend. And then book one of your own.

Is there anything you've always fancied having a crack at? Knitting/sewing/metalwork retreat ? Plenty of weekend workshops for that kind of thing - generally mainly female participants, nice people, usually geared towards people arriving on their own ( they aren't couply or family things.)

Do it. Book yourself a 'learn to weave' weekend or something like that.

manateeandcake Fri 02-Sep-16 19:30:53

I hate the idea of my DH going away for the weekend, but the idea has always been worse than reality. I find the key is to get the kids out of the house and have as much fun as we can -- museum, swimming, picnic, etc. A long day out means the house doesn't get destroyed and they are tired and ready for an early bed.

When we are at home, I make it more fun with small treats e.g. making pancakes for breakfast, putting a film on. So I agree with PP, basically. And when they ARE finally asleep in bed, I treat myself with a posh ready meal, a glass of wine and watching something I know wouldn't interest DH.

manateeandcake Fri 02-Sep-16 19:31:26

YY to booking a weekend away of your own, by the way!

nicknamehelp Sat 03-Sep-16 18:18:00

Thanks everyone had another tough day.

I would love to book a weekend and think i need to get my backside in gear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now