Talk

Advanced search

To deck the guy cracking his knuckles?

(13 Posts)
MillicentKing Fri 02-Sep-16 15:20:12

I normally work from home. I am in the office today and my hot desk is next to a guy who is cracking his knuckles every 10 minutes or so.

WIBU to kill him?

phlebasconsidered Fri 02-Sep-16 16:04:35

It's a horrible sound. I hate it. It is my ds's newest tic / stim and it drives me to distraction. Play some Motorhead over it, that's my survival technique.

JennyOnAPlate Fri 02-Sep-16 16:06:05

Yanbu. Deck him hard. In all seriousness I would have to tell him to stop...I can't stand it.

MardyBra Fri 02-Sep-16 17:08:00

I can crack my toes. <flexes feet>

Fluffsnuts Fri 02-Sep-16 17:11:37

I do it. I do it more when people mention it (involuntarily).

RattataPidgeyRattataPidgey Fri 02-Sep-16 17:16:30

DH cracks bloody everything. Often in the space of 60 seconds. I'm rather immune to it now - think I might even have developed sympathy satisfaction.

Dilligufdarling Fri 02-Sep-16 17:23:33

I do my neck and my knuckles at the same time winkgrin

squoosh Fri 02-Sep-16 17:24:30

It's the worst sound in the world. Makes me feel so anxious. And then angry.

And I am not generally an anxious person. Can be angry though.

5Foot5 Fri 02-Sep-16 17:25:37

Why haven't you already killed him and buried the body?

I don't think I could sit next to that without at least flinching. I think it is a horrible habit.

squoosh Fri 02-Sep-16 17:25:58

And I did once (ever so politely and nicely) asked a colleague not to crack his knuckles near me.

2beesornot2beesthatisthehoney Fri 02-Sep-16 17:27:48

If I can deck the chap on the train behind me who is constantly tapping his foot on the ground. Maddening! grin

tibbawyrots Fri 02-Sep-16 17:32:26

When I get up my hips and knees go off like pistol shots. I don't do it on purpose though (get tutted at as if I had though, on public transport!) blush

YourNewspaperIsShit Fri 02-Sep-16 18:01:47

I crack everything. Toes, ankles, knees, hips, elbows (they are louuud), wrists, knuckles, shoulders and neck. But I absolutely have to or I melt down.

However if someone told me that the noise affected them I'd happily avoid doing it near them. Unless they told me not to do it in a piss way. Then I'd crack my neck very loudly.

Although I still sympathise OP I have an unrealistic hatred for heavy breathers and i know they cant help it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now