Talk

Advanced search

Worried about abuse from neighbours kid...AIBU?

(21 Posts)
dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:37:04

There's a mother and her kids that live three doors away. Since they moved in they've been a bit of a nightmare really. Her dog constantly fouls the footpaths despite her receiving numerous warnings , having bonfires in the day when many of the neighbours have washing out etc .
Her youngest son(around the age of 13/14) constantly plays footie outside my house and the ball comes over every five minutes. He tramples over my plants to get the ball and ignores me when I ask him to stop.Just recently when I've been out gardening he keeps riding past on his bike with his mate shouting things like "OOOO, look theres the witch" and "Where's your black cat"...I guess I should have skin thick enough to not let it get to me, but it's really upsetting me and making me wonder what he's going to say/do next...I've had a word with his foul mother in the past and all I got was a lynch mob of her and her mates at the door warning me off shouting at her kids, so there's precious little I can do there...It's getting to the stage I don't want to go in the garden or even leave the house in case he's there...sounds pretty pathetic I know...aibu and should I man up a bit? It's really dragging me down.sad

90daychallenger Fri 02-Sep-16 09:40:23

Make a log of everything that happens with dates and times. Take it to the police and report them for anti-social behaviour and harassment. Are they tenants? I'd also take your log to their LL or HA or council or whoever rents them the house.

Install a motion-activated sprinkler in your front garden.

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:41:10

Yeah they're council tenants.

90daychallenger Fri 02-Sep-16 09:45:40

Then I would contact the council today by phone and let them know what's going on. Then start keeping your log.
Then email or write to the council every single week without fail with your log of their activities from that week.
You should be able to find a contact name for the local housing person for your area. Address the letters to them personally. Be a massive pain their bumhole.

Install a motion activated sprinkler.

Sorry you're going through this OP, it sounds horrendous.

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:49:12

Thanks 90...will do...we had to keep an anti-social behaviour diary on her a few years back...she modified her behaviour for a while but she's slowly but surely reverting to type which is bloody grim.It's truly miserable.

CoraPirbright Fri 02-Sep-16 09:50:26

That sounds horrible - poor you! I echo what previous posters have said about contacting the council landlords to tell them about this. Also - do you know/get on with your other neighbours? I would bet a pound to a penny that they are also suffering and pissed off with the things you describe. Can you talk to them and also get them to approach the council? If you all complain about this shitty behaviour, it will carry more weight.

FatElephant Fri 02-Sep-16 09:51:37

Police Officer here - this amounts to Anti Social Behaviour and needs reporting. Keep a log of incidents (stick to facts on one side, and write down how it made you feel on the other - so you have a factual account and also the effect it's having on you).

Phone 101 and report it, it should be referred over to the local neighbourhood team (depending on how your force works) meaning you should have a single point of contact for it. Also worth speaking to other neighbours to see if they're having similar worries, the case will be stronger if it's affecting more than one person. Hope this helps flowers

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:54:32

Thanks Cora...sadly as far as our closest neighbours go, we are out of luck! She has her ex sister in law living next door, i.e her best mate and her cousin lives two doors down so we feel pretty outnumbered...

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:59:40

Thanks Elephant, I've just given my local council a ring to start the ball rolling but the Neighbourhood officer is not available atm but will give me a call this afternoon...

GabsAlot Fri 02-Sep-16 10:15:34

definitely council theyre reposnsibilty for asb-yes she seems to know the system but it could be referred this time higher up to court f it carries on

id agree about the sprinkler though

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 10:19:44

Gabs, she deffo knows the system and plays it like a fiddle...nightmare...but at least I've started the ball rolling once again...

90daychallenger Fri 02-Sep-16 10:21:39

dollyholly123 Make a note that you've called the council today and that they said the housing officer will call you back. When they do call you, make a note of that as well.
I can't stress enough that you need to note down everything not just to do with your neighbour but also your interactions with the council.

A few years ago my mum lived next door to some awful people and it only really got sorted because she became a living nightmare for the housing officer- she used to call him every morning at 9:05am to tell him what had happened next door the previous day grin. Before that the council didn't really give a shit but eventually they just wanted my mum to bugger off so got it sorted, tenants were moved on.

JellyBelli Fri 02-Sep-16 10:23:22

I've been through that and its grim. wine

2kids2dogsnosense Fri 02-Sep-16 10:26:43

I feel for you OP. It's bloody disgraceful how one family can make life a living hell for everyone they come into contact with. I do hope you get it sorted with the very good advice you've got here.

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 10:26:51

Thanks 90..will do...I can't take this crap any more...I just want a bit of peace and quiet...so glad your mum got it sorted...nobody should have to suffer cos of inconsiderate vile arseholes sad

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 10:28:00

Thanks Jelly and 2kids...it is indeed grim...

carabos Fri 02-Sep-16 10:37:14

I'm sitting now listening to my neighbours crashing and banging about in their house - sounds like they are dragging heavy furniture, but as they do it round the clock, it's probably not that. Meanwhile, their three vicious dogs are barking and their kids are outside in the lane shrieking blue bloody murder and banging a ball off the wall.

My outhouse roof is covered in the food leftovers that they put out for the birds, and I can barely see down the road because their hedge is up to the top of the ground floors. I can hardly get down my path because of said hedge, and they can't open their front door.

At the back, their yard is full of rubbish and every week they have two full bins out to be emptied. They put the overflow of rubbish, mainly bottles and empty beer cans, into our bin without asking.

The noise, the mess, the hedge, the abuse is unbearable. They are owners, we are tenants, so that means they think that they can behave as they like. We're buying a house in the next village and move in a couple of weeks. I'm counting the days.

mrsmortis Fri 02-Sep-16 10:54:15

Are you the only one this is happening too? I'd assume not. You may want to talk to your other neighbours and see if you can't get some co-ordinated pressure on the council. If you call weekly on a Monday, their other neighbour on a Tuesday, the one behind them on a Wed, the one opposite on a Thursday, etc. it may speed things up.

dollyholly123 Fri 02-Sep-16 10:57:13

Oh Carabos...that is truly dreadful...so glad the end is in sight...onwards and upwards

pinkie1982 Fri 02-Sep-16 11:00:37

Report to their Housing Office and also the Anti Social Behavour team for that Housing Association. Not much gets dont, apart from warnings if just contacting the HO. ASB have more power. We went down that route and the HA took it to court to get an ASBO they had to abide by.

LC01 Fri 02-Sep-16 15:44:25

I just wanted to say poor you. You shouldn't be frightened to leave your own home. Good luck with it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now