To think this woman shouldn't have shouted at dd

(20 Posts)
Justalittlelemondrizzle Thu 01-Sep-16 22:00:44

A girl from our road came for a sleepover the other night. Later the next day they fell out (long story - a whole other thread)
Anyway this girl left 3 things here, we noticed later that day and my dd's went over twice to return said items. The next morning I find the girls pyjama top in the washing I'd just washed with all the spare bedding etc. I dried it and sent the dd's round to return it this afternoon. No one was in so they posted it through the door as they didn't want to go back again as the girls mum was really off with them the previous two times.
Anyway they come in and walk past dd's and their friend while they were playing out. She shouted at them and said they shouldn't have posted it through and should have come back again later to return it.
Aibu to think it was perfectly reasonable to post it through the door. This has been done to us before with other children and we were glad it was returned.
How dare she shout at my dd's! They're 7 and 8 and did what they thought was the right thing.

Iightunderatrew Thu 01-Sep-16 22:02:07

She shouted at little children for returning items? I would have just said thank you. She was out of order

manyathingyouknow Thu 01-Sep-16 22:02:18

YANBU.

Wouldn't give it another thought

ConvincingLiar Thu 01-Sep-16 22:02:45

Have they got a bitey dog? Sounds like a big fuss over nothing from her otherwise.

WorraLiberty Thu 01-Sep-16 22:06:09

What was the reason?

Did they leave it hanging out of the letterbox?

Did it get ripped when they stuffed it through?

Does she have a dog?

I feel like there's something missing if she really did shout?

Justalittlelemondrizzle Thu 01-Sep-16 22:11:42

They said they pushed it all the way in and we're really careful when I asked. I'm not sure if they have dog or not

arethereanyleftatall Thu 01-Sep-16 22:26:34

I guess this has everything to do with what they 'fell out' about.
As, clearly, shouting at other people's children isn't a normal thing to do.

Justalittlelemondrizzle Thu 01-Sep-16 23:05:56

I'm not sure. The woman seems unhinged tbh. I felt sorry for her children before this.

RunningLulu Thu 01-Sep-16 23:07:52

YABU taking the word of 7/8 year olds for anything. I'd have a quick civil word with her, maybe find out what the falling out was about too (if you don't already know. Girls that age can be awful.

Justalittlelemondrizzle Thu 01-Sep-16 23:10:23

Oh no I heard her shouting and looked out of the window flapping her arms about still shouting before storming off. I asked them immediately after it happened. They were pretty upset

ImissGrannyW Fri 02-Sep-16 00:20:45

that's the first and last sleepover with her, then. Poor kid. Not her fault.

Perhaps you should have taken the missed items back yourself rather than asking your DC to do it for you, esp after (as you said) there had been a falling out between them. 3 times your sent your kids there according to your OP. After a falling out.

Justalittlelemondrizzle Fri 02-Sep-16 13:27:58

Oh definately Imiss, never again! Tbh the falling out was with another girl they all play with. The dd's just got caught in the middle of it. They wanted to take the top back aswell. Maybe they thought enough time had passed to make peace with theit friend after the other girl who caused it went out.
I think we've had a lucky escape as I was worried about them returning the favour and offering a sleepover to my dd's. I was already thinking of excuses. Apart from the mother being unhinged, their house is disgusting, they use their front and back gardens as bins and the kids are dirty. I really didnt feel comfortable at the thought of them going there.

charlestonchaplin Fri 02-Sep-16 13:37:27

She was probably upset about the pyjamas falling onto the doormat where people wipe all sorts off their shoes.

Mstu Fri 02-Sep-16 13:41:22

From OP latest update I dont think thats an issue Charlstonchaplin...

Shouldnt be shouting at little girls regardless...

Justalittlelemondrizzle Fri 02-Sep-16 13:48:04

If someone had brought back clothing, even if it was washed, I would still rewash it myself. So if she was shouting because of it landing on her doormat. Why was it such a big deal.

RedSauceAndJellyJuice Fri 02-Sep-16 13:51:29

She's a loon
Sounds like you had a lucky escape
Poor children though

Justalittlelemondrizzle Fri 02-Sep-16 18:35:07

I know I do feel sorry for them but unfortunately, judging by the older daughter they appear to be turning out like their mother.

AnnaMarlowe Fri 02-Sep-16 18:40:06

I wouldn't personally have out clothes through a letter box, it might have stopped the door opening if it got wedged behind it.

Three visits to return things sounds a bit annoying - I always send visiting children to do a check before they leave.

Regardless she shouldn't have shouted at your DDs.

gonetoseeamanaboutadog Fri 02-Sep-16 19:24:40

I can't get past the idea of washing something myself if it had already been washed. The more I read here, the more I think I'm a lazy, shiftless mother.

Not helpful, sorry!

Justalittlelemondrizzle Fri 02-Sep-16 21:32:15

Haha! I'm sure you're not Goneto. I suppose it depends who's it come from. She doesn't know me very well. At all really! I could have used bio, smoked in the house or it could have fallen in the dogs bed. Who knows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now