Talk

Advanced search

To warn you about M & S Pet Insurance

(5 Posts)
EtTuTuttiFrutti Thu 01-Sep-16 10:11:58

My cat has been insured with M & S since she was a kitten; she's now 12yrs old.
Premiums have always been high, but we thought it was a good insurance from a respected provider.
The premium has gone up year on year way above inflation.
Last year she got pancreatitis. Not too serious with a cat, and the only cost has been £12 a month tablets. M & S take a £50 excess of and pay 80% of the cost, so reimbursed us about £70.
Just had renewal through. Premium has gone up by 55% to £450 a year.
I'm not the only one that has had problems.
bank.marksandspencer.com/insurance/pet-insurance/overview/

Think twice before taking insurance out with them. Customer services haven't even had the courtesy to return my calls.

WillWorkForMoney Thu 01-Sep-16 10:19:15

It's the same with most insurance places. Loyalty doesn't pay. If my car insurance auto renewed it would be something like £500, but because I rang up and queried it, they dropped it to £350.

idontlikealdi Thu 01-Sep-16 10:19:58

My dog is with M&S and they've been great. He had an admission for poisoning that cost about £1k in all and paid out fine.

Premium went up but not much. We have the policy that will cover life long illnesses.

Phillipa12 Thu 01-Sep-16 10:29:34

I also have never had a problem with M and S, same chest infection 2 years in a row and my premiums didnt increase, infact i have never had an insurance pay out so quickly. However i have found that any illness in a pet over 9/10 when renewal comes the insurance doubles and they exclude lots of stuff.

EtTuTuttiFrutti Thu 01-Sep-16 10:29:38

So do we Idont.
Loyalty doesn't pay Willwork. Two years ago we took the cat for her annual review and jabs. She's had lost some weight and the vet said not to worry as she was a real hunter and had had a very busy Summer. Got the renewal from M&S that year and it had gone up (way over the top). Went on their website and took out the same policy as a new customer and it went lower than the premium from two years ago.
Cat lost weight suddenly, about 3 months later, took her to the vet and he decided it was pancreatitis. Put claim in and M&S rejected it, as "pre-existing condition". They reinstated the old policy at the much higher cost.

The vet didn't even think it was pancreatitis at the initial consult as he would have medicated for it.
They're an absolute disgrace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now