Talk

Advanced search

To feel guilty

(13 Posts)
Fayaa Wed 31-Aug-16 23:58:00

Recently, since using MN more frequently I have been feeling guilty or embarrassed to reply to a thread and mention the privileges I've had, or still have. Mainly in relation to money.

And I was just wondering if IABU to feel like this? Or if any of you feel the same?

I don't want this to turn into a boast thread so don't want to give any details except this, I had a stereotypical Tory politician's upbringing (grin) but don't actually make a lot of money myself now (but receive financial help from family).

Also AIBU to say I'm "struggling" financially when there is no risk of me going into debt/losing my house/etc because my family will help if necessary?

Lollyp333 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:59:39

I think you're just being smug. Have you really got nothing better to do than worry about this crap? What nonsense, bugger off and enjoy your perfect life

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 01-Sep-16 00:01:02

hmm Don't post on threads about financial hardship than if you have a safety net.

GeneralBobbit Thu 01-Sep-16 00:01:12

You are 'struggling' because you're not shifting for yourself hmm

Is there no chance of you being able to ever row your own boat?

Fayaa Thu 01-Sep-16 00:02:03

I'm not trying to be smug, I like to give advice but am feeling like I haven't much of a right. I don't have much better to do than sit on MN (kids at GP's), right now if I'm honest and am tired of typing half a response before thinking "should I say that" etc, that's all.

GrumpyInsomniac Thu 01-Sep-16 00:02:05

biscuit

WorraLiberty Thu 01-Sep-16 00:02:33

You feel how you feel.

I don't understand why you're asking if you're being unreasonable?

You can say what you want to, as long as you stay within the talk guidelines.

We're all anonymous here.

amysmummy12345 Thu 01-Sep-16 00:02:45

Yabu... HTH

Fayaa Thu 01-Sep-16 00:04:08

Ok ok, I feel I shouldn't have posted. I've learned my lesson - I won't post on threads about finances.

WorraLiberty Thu 01-Sep-16 00:04:37

X posted.

Don't worry about not feeling as though you can give advice.

MN is a wonderful and huge place and any advice you may be able to give, will be given by someone else anyway.

There's nothing you'll be able to add that someone else couldn't.

Fayaa Thu 01-Sep-16 00:06:23

I was asking because, unfortunately, I'm the person who questions everything before they do something and was (rightly, it seems!) second guessing myself.

Fayaa Thu 01-Sep-16 00:07:28

WorraLiberty - You're right, thank you.

blowmybarnacles Thu 01-Sep-16 00:17:39

You could give some great advice and say next time, be born into inherited wealth and get a leg up into so many things so you don't have to work quite as hard as the rest of us, or worry about where the next mortgage payment will come from. That'll help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now