Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling selfish for working

(5 Posts)
Tryingtostayyoung Wed 31-Aug-16 23:05:06

I know IABU to feel like this but I need to be handed a grip.

Been a SAHM since DD was born 3 and a half years ago. Loved every minute of it. She started nursery in April, 3 mornings a week and is about to go back again next week after summer holidays. I have found myself a perfect little part time job, it's great to bring in a bit of extra money and also great to be using that part of my brain again (numbers)... The hours that I'm doing basically mean that on one day I drop her at nursery, parents pick her up before lunch and then I get her from them 4 hours later and then another day DH will take her to nursery and I will be there for the end of the morning session to get her. So basically the only difference she will see is the day I pick her up from dparents 4 hours late and that one day I won't take her in.
Why why why do I feel guilty? I know that what I'm doing is fine but I feel awful.

fluffymummykins Wed 31-Aug-16 23:28:38

Because its new to you, that's why. And its completely normal :-)

Highlandfling80 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:31:47

Sounds perfect op. Great opportunity for you and your Dd. Good luck.

CafeCremeEtCroissant Thu 01-Sep-16 23:37:27

Aw bless. Don't you know you deliver 'a lifetime of guilt' alongside the baby?! (If you've adopted, it comes with the baby & sneaks in!).

It's a lifetimes worth, just for you! 😊

She's 3.5. A year of very, very part time nursery will do her good before starting school next year & she'll make some new friends. Nothing not to love, for BOTH of you!! There might be tears at first - so not too much make up!😁

Enjoy scraping the rust off your non mummy brain cells! 😁

manyathingyouknow Fri 02-Sep-16 08:13:45

If it's any help I work full time and don't see my son between 7 and half 4 every day five days a week. I rarely feel guilty because that's life. My husband and I each bring in good money and our son is happy and well cared for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now