Lonely after baby

(13 Posts)
Babynumber2nmom Wed 31-Aug-16 21:52:10

Hi this is my first time on here ... I have a little one his 2 and amazing I'm pregnant with number 2 I feel like I have everything I have ever wanted in life but still can't help too feel a bit down . Not one bit because of my boy his lovely I feel let down by other people since having him no one bothers at all I don't see anyone I couldn't name one single friend I have anymore . I left work too bring up kids and won't be returning anytime soon now I'm pregnant . I feel so lonely some days I would love to have a friend too take the boy out with I've tried mothers n baby groups but they just ain't for me I find the moms so clicky! Advice??! :/

FreshHorizons Wed 31-Aug-16 21:57:10

I found the best things were NCT groups. They meet in people's houses and so can't ignore you.

Babynumber2nmom Wed 31-Aug-16 22:02:55

What are they? X

twoundertwowillbefun Wed 31-Aug-16 22:02:59

People you were friendly with before have less in common with you now which makes relationships hard to manage. You need to be the one to try and bridge the gap if you're feeling lonely as they wont see it.

Maybe try groups again - there are many different ones about and sometimes you do need to put in the effort to make sure that you get chatting to the other mums.

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely, hopefully it will turn around for you soonflowers congrats on your pregnancy

Babynumber2nmom Wed 31-Aug-16 22:06:00

It's wierd they all have kids but are older then mine but I have tried since he was born then I just gave up as I could see it was always one sided and me making the effort. Like I have friends who have never even been over too my house in the last 3 years n soon as I stopped the effort that was the end of it . Thankyou I'm so happy to be having another x

Ellieboolou27 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:16:33

This happened to me after my second was born, we moved areas, only a 40 minute drive and only 2 friends have visited in the last year. My baby is 1 soon and things have got so much better, helped by eldest starting nursery. You've just given up work and also probably a little hormonal with being pregnant, give yourself some time to adjust, new friends will come eventually and things will brighten

FreshHorizons Wed 31-Aug-16 22:18:24

Sorry - NCT = National Childbirth Trust. I didn't do the ante natal but they have local groups to meet with babies and toddlers.

FreshHorizons Wed 31-Aug-16 22:20:03

In someone's small house they have to let you in, introduce you and include you in conversations. I still have friends from there decades on!

Babynumber2nmom Wed 31-Aug-16 22:20:20

Thankyou I hope so no I've felt like this for a while I loved too but literally a 20 min car journey in 2 n half years I have been here I've had one visit of one person that is it! My son goes nursery and I gave up work 2 years ago I keep thinking things will change but just looks like that's the way things are now X

gggrrrargh Wed 31-Aug-16 22:25:24

you could try letsmush.com? I saw it advertised in Mother and Baby magazine. it's an app where you see other local mum's in the area, so maybe more what you are after rather than a group? I downloaded and apparently have 15 mums in my area but haven't got any further.

FreshHorizons Wed 31-Aug-16 22:26:52

I have found the link NCT It was a life saver for me because I moved to a new area with a small baby and knew nobody!

Squiff85 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:30:35

Such a normal feeling. I look back now and I found it very hard when my kids were small, they're both school age now & I work and it feels like a lifetime ago. It does pass I promise!

xxx

Babynumber2nmom Wed 31-Aug-16 22:42:56

Thankyou all they sound helpful I'll have a look at them xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now