Talk

Advanced search

To hate bedtimes?!!!

(2 Posts)
Msqueen33 Wed 31-Aug-16 19:48:41

Kids are aged 7,6 and 3. Youngest two have autism. On advice of speech we took away the younger child's dummy five months back including at night. Now it takes an age to settle dc to sleep. It basically involves me sitting with dc until she goes to sleep or she screams the house down. Meaning I leave the other two unattended and they end up messing about. I'm on my own as my dh works long hours. I'm currently laying on the dc's wooden floor whilst she kicks me whilst other two are no doubt messing about downstairs. I use to have an evening!

thescruffiestgiantintown Wed 31-Aug-16 20:11:59

That does sound very tough. I'm not loving bedtimes at the moment but after reading your post mine seem like a breeze compared to yours (meant sympathetically, not smugly).

One of my friends hires a babysitter once a week to help her out with bedtime, total luxury and not something I'd consider doing myself but would that be a possibility for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now