Talk

Advanced search

To want to disown my friend because she overuses hashtags? (Lighthearted)

(36 Posts)
SamanthaBrique Wed 31-Aug-16 16:16:47

She's always been one to hashtag the fuck out of everything she does - if she's cooking it's #yummyinmytummy, if she's with her DP it's #myfabbabydaddy and now she's had a baby, every time she posts on social media about an outing with her DS it's #babylurve #mummydiaries!

It makes my teeth itch, I don't know why, but does anyone else have the same reaction?

Of course I might just be a miserable old gimmer...

keeptheheid Wed 31-Aug-16 16:20:17

#getrid

iklboo Wed 31-Aug-16 16:21:48

Tell her
#nobody #gives #a #shit wink

JellyBelli Wed 31-Aug-16 16:22:03

#ditchthebitch

BarryMerry Wed 31-Aug-16 16:22:54

#playheratherowngame #comicallyoverusehashtagstomakeapoint grin

BittyWanter Wed 31-Aug-16 16:22:59

Text her this;

#hatehastags

SomedayBaby Wed 31-Aug-16 16:23:30

#YABU

SamanthaBrique Wed 31-Aug-16 16:26:09

I have found #mypeople

Niklepic Wed 31-Aug-16 16:28:27

I hashtag on FB just to piss of my sister. #irritating#saddo

kierenthecommunity Wed 31-Aug-16 16:31:03

I'd have to cull for 'yummy in my tummy' with or without the hashtag shock

I have a FB friend whose baby pics come with various hashtags including #<his name>stales. (No apostrophe I assume this isn't the done thing in hashtag speak) I always think it looks like the poor boy is growing mould or something.

ClopySow Wed 31-Aug-16 16:31:19

#attentionseekingshite

What are # even for anyway? I get that on twitter it comes up in a search or something or nothing or whatever.

squoosh Wed 31-Aug-16 16:32:18

#pushheroffabridge

bearleftmonkeyright Wed 31-Aug-16 16:33:13

Holy crap, I would keep her for sheer entertainment value.

winterinmadeira Wed 31-Aug-16 16:34:20

#odfod #mumsnetrules

ImperialBlether Wed 31-Aug-16 16:35:26

I've never understood the hashtag thing on Twitter. Do people really look at a page where everyone's used the same term? WHO HAS TIME?

squoosh Wed 31-Aug-16 16:37:23

On Twitter it makes sense if you want to search for comments on an event or a TV show or whatever. But I can't imagine anyone has ever done a search on #yummyinmytummy

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 31-Aug-16 16:39:29

Kill her now. #sorrynotsorry

2cats2many Wed 31-Aug-16 16:41:18

I've defriended someone for excessive use of exclamation marks before so YA definitely NBU.

UnGoogleable Wed 31-Aug-16 16:44:40

I have a few of these. They piss me off no end.

One will tag each post with, no joke, about 10 different hashtags #IlovemyBabies #YummyMummy #BabyLove all the fucking time. WHo the fuck cares

The other used to be an intelligent, well educated interesting person. She has now reduced to FB posts about 'having a cup of tea #mummytime'

UnGoogleable Wed 31-Aug-16 16:47:45

Yes so for example, during the Olympics, you could search for #Rio2016 or whatever, or if a big event has happened in the news you could use it to see all comments relating to that.

* But I can't imagine anyone has ever done a search on #yummyinmytummy* exactly. It's not as if someone sits down for a cup of tea and goes 'hmmm I wonder who else has had this experience' and searches for #mummytimeTea then sits and scrolls through everyone's inane self absorbed drivel.... or perhaps they do, who knows!

Crocodillian Wed 31-Aug-16 16:48:42

Is she trying to get traffic to her posts for the purpose of doing a blog? Ie her posts aren't really about showing anyone pictures of her fab baby daddy (sick in mouth), they are just to generate more followers?

I dont have social media accounts but I find that a good way to ensure that you can still be annoying is to just use # in every day conversations whilst chatting face-to-face.
"Oh look mum, it's hashtag raining"
To which dm responds, "Washing's getting hashtag wet"
#HTH
#YANBU

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 31-Aug-16 16:53:15

I don't understand the point of hashtags either.

I don't use Twitter, but have noticed people doing this all over FB recently.

The most confusing one being #squadgoals.

If anyone has a teenage girl (or is "down with the kids" themselves wink) please feel free to explain!

Giratina Wed 31-Aug-16 16:53:21

YANBU. I've recently unfollowed someone on facebook for overuse of hashtags. Irritating, self obsessed nonsense. We don't need to see a picture of your kid covered in cornflakes followed by #breakfast #messymonkey #babyboy #myworld.

ImperialBlether Wed 31-Aug-16 17:13:44

OK so someone please tell me. What happens once #breakfast #messymonkey #babyboy #myworld or whatever is typed? Does someone really click on the link to see who else has used the same hashtag?

Crocodillian Wed 31-Aug-16 17:16:26

Santas
That group of friends (squad) is so amazing that it is the type of squad that one should look for when looking to create a squad.
#Squadgoals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now