Talk

Advanced search

Anniversary

(5 Posts)
Golightly133 Wed 31-Aug-16 01:50:29

Aibu to want a card maybe a meal
Out? Husband doesn't acknowledge it at all and rolls his eyes at his card - really gets on my nerves

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 31-Aug-16 02:10:26

You aren't unreasonable to want to celebrate it, but equally he's not unreasonable not to. DP and I vaguely remember the date and mention it in passing if we do, though we aren't married i can't imagine this was change things.

How long have you been married? Is he the same with other things, birthdays etc?

julfin Wed 31-Aug-16 03:04:42

Most people celebrate anniversaries, not necessarily with a meal/present, but at least a card is fairly standard. Fair enough if he doesn't see the point, but if he knows how much it means to you, the nice thing to do would be to get you a card, even if it's just to humour you. Maybe you should have a chat with him and explain (calmly) how much it means to you and that it upsets you that he doesn't really acknowledge the anniversaries?

Golightly133 Wed 31-Aug-16 08:13:43

He isn't big on Valentine's Day or birthdays never really bothers with cards or presents, sees it all as money spinning. We have been married for 15 years, I haven't given him a card this year I just can't be arsed - the worse bit is mil will come tonight with flowers and chocolates and it feels a bit strange she bothers and he doesn't confused

acasualobserver Wed 31-Aug-16 08:23:36

Perhaps she bothers because she knows her son won't?

I think it's normal and healthy to celebrate, or at least acknowledge, your anniversary. It doesn't have to cost much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now