Diesel Bad Ad

(25 Posts)
BuonoEstente Mon 29-Aug-16 14:57:18

"I'll treat you like shit but I love you". AIBU to think this is not cool.

SuburbanRhonda Mon 29-Aug-16 14:58:35

It's just a crap ad, like most ads for beauty products.

IzzyIsBusy Mon 29-Aug-16 15:00:06

It gave me hmm face.

ArmyInRed Mon 29-Aug-16 15:05:37

I saw it last night, thought it was a really shite advert.

IdaDown Mon 29-Aug-16 15:16:56

All perfume ads are spectacularly bad.

Why?

Their budgets are huge.

toriap2 Mon 29-Aug-16 15:18:36

I rolled my eyes so hard I pulled a muscle. Either She is dumb as a box of frogs or has the self esteem of a slug to fall for that.

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Mon 29-Aug-16 15:24:19

I saw it too and wondered why she didn't just tell him to fuck off to the far side of fuck.

JellyBelli Mon 29-Aug-16 15:29:57

Its not just a crap ad, its totally unacceptable. They can fuck right off.

Ronagtl Mon 29-Aug-16 15:36:22

YANNNNNBU! so horrible, makes me itch whenever I see it. Such a crap and poor message to be sending to young people- and it's so old-fashioned an ad too!. If anyone remembers, it's about a half step up from that (other mysogenistic) Denim aftershave ad with the woman's hand sliding down a mans hairy chest.....reminds me of that whenever I see it.

MoreGilmoreGirls Mon 29-Aug-16 15:38:18

Saw the ad last night, gave me the rage, let's encourage young men to behave like bastards and treat women like shite angryangryangry

ElspethFlashman Mon 29-Aug-16 15:40:34

DH: I don't get this ad, why does he keep talking?

Me: Cos apparently it takes that long to explain he's an arsehole.

Meanwhile the cadaverous poor woman keeps staring vacantly at him like a zombie from the Walking Dead.

Ronagtl Mon 29-Aug-16 16:19:10

oh my good fucking god....idly looked at their facebook page (wondered if others were thinking too it's a bag of shite. You can tell its a BH here!) and the fuckers are providing personalised versions of the Bad bad ad IF GUYS TAG THEIR GIRLFRIENDS in the comments. So both homophobic AND gender-stereotyped. It just gets better....

specialsubject Mon 29-Aug-16 16:31:27

Suppose it would be worth learning what it smells like- as anyone who wears a stink advertised like that is to be avoided!

YouMakeMyDreams Mon 29-Aug-16 16:33:51

I usually zone out ads but this one made me hmm have to confess I did wonder what mn would make of it.

ephemeralfairy Mon 29-Aug-16 16:37:21

It's horrible, trust me. I work in fragrance and beauty sales and it has not been popular!

BuonoEstente Mon 29-Aug-16 16:49:05

Surely only tossers would buy this thinking they were hard.

MissMogwi Mon 29-Aug-16 16:58:35

YANBU, each time I've seen it I want to tell the bloke to fuck off and sometimes do . I wish the girl would laugh in his face instead of gawping at him.

My teen DDs also hate it, "as if you wouldn't know where he lived" (proud)

specialsubject Mon 29-Aug-16 18:18:33

I thought it was something to do with vw emissions to start with, which is why it caught my attention. Then i thought it was anti- drugs given how ill the girl looks...

I dont think i am the right audience.smile

Shereen772 Tue 20-Dec-16 12:01:58

No offence but it is just an ad. Yeah it's dumb but so what? If people are worried that boys/men think that it's an acceptable way to behave then they are obviously very impressionable and can't tell the difference between a scripted FAKE tv ad and proper values/reality. All this crap about being unreasonable and whatnot, I mean for f** sakes, there are worse things happening in this world right now to give kids the wrong idea etc. This is hardly a life changing discussion

VeryBitchyRestingFace Tue 20-Dec-16 12:38:59

"I'll treat you like shit but I love you".

Did someone actually say that??

shock

In other news, 50 Shades Darker must be due for release soon.

CockacidalManiac Tue 20-Dec-16 12:41:08

Shereen772
You dug up an old thread just to say that?!

VeryBitchyRestingFace Tue 20-Dec-16 12:47:35

Aaaaargh!

And I'm usually soooo good at spotting zombies!

angryfangry

Shereen772 Tue 20-Dec-16 12:59:20

Cockacidal Maniac
No I just googled the ad cos I wanted to know the name of the actor and saw this as the 2nd or 3rd link, so really Google dug it up for me wink and wasn't surprised to see yet another dumbass mumsnet thread over something so trivial

Pixel Tue 20-Dec-16 19:10:11

Well if this is an old thread shouldn't the ad have a sequel by now? You know, the more realistic one where she has a night of wanton lust with him because he's quite fit, and in the morning tells him where to go as she drops the dumb blonde act and heads out to run her multinational company...
And it turns into an ad for the female version of the product grin.
(Is there a female version? I don't keep up with these things).

Shereen772 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:29:50

Pixel
If you've seen the paco rabanne they have a male and female scent and ads that go with it. Firstly, the guy in his ad is fuuuuucking goooorgeous, so hot; and the female ad is just as badass as the male one so that's pretty cool

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now