Talk

Advanced search

About the washing machine

(26 Posts)
trinity0097 Sun 28-Aug-16 19:52:40

....that my washing machine should beep when it's finished AND you can open the door. Instead of beeping but not letting you open the door! (Why?!?)

acasualobserver Sun 28-Aug-16 20:04:47

Your washing machine is becoming sentient and deliberately not letting you open the door. What have you done to piss him off?

trinity0097 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:20:28

I don't know, he's only been part of the family for 2 months!!!

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sun 28-Aug-16 20:21:47

Mine sings a merry tune and then beeps it's end but remains locked for a couple of minutes just so you recognise it's pivotal role in the house

Bearfrills Sun 28-Aug-16 20:22:20

He's being a passive-agrressive twat. Have you considered going NC?

MatildaTheCat Sun 28-Aug-16 20:23:53

It's all about power and control. LTB.

pinkDEpanter Sun 28-Aug-16 20:26:16

Mine won't open for about 10 minutes but won't shut up. The crease cycle that made our machine so attractive now annoys the crap out of me lol.

Pestilence13610 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:28:18

I read the manual for mine, there is a way to stop it beeping. I put down the manual and have lost the bloody thing, the washing machine still beeps. sad

bigbluebus Sun 28-Aug-16 20:31:17

My previous machine used to beep and wouldn't let you open the door for 2 minutes - it was a Bosch I think. My current Siemens machine only beeps when it has finished completely and the door can be opened - but it has 2 mins of doing nothing before it beeps.

Petal40 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:32:56

Mine does exactly that when I have accidentally brushed against it and put the child lock on....it's a sensitive soul mine

DesignedForLife Sun 28-Aug-16 20:34:32

It's downhill from here. LTB quickly before he ruins everything.

kurlique Sun 28-Aug-16 20:38:55

I effing HATE the repetitive beep on my washer... Some evil git designed it to be as irritating as possible I am sure of it... To the extent that I derive a great deal of satisfaction from turning it off mid-beep! I know, a bit weird - should get out more! wink (I also hate DH turning it off straight away, leaving the door very slightly open and not doing anything with the contents or even tell me it is finished angry but that is another rant!)

This is very controlling behaviour.

Although mine doesn't beep the timer will say '0' but I have to wait for a final harumpf and a click and then I am allowed to open the door.

Tiggeryoubastard Sun 28-Aug-16 20:42:22

He is pining for his freedom. You need to let him run free occasionally. He'll never get over it but a service wash will keep him happier.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sun 28-Aug-16 20:42:53

My Bosch washing machine beeps like a forgotten middle child when it's finished.
You can stop it by turning it off.

Dh is excellent at turning off the beeping and then leaving the wet washing in the machine. hmm

John4703 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:46:40

My washing machine is female, She has a wee countdown display so I know exactly when she will be ready. The time to wait for her goes down nicely then suddenly adds a few minutes to the count. It means I miss the bus or the start of something but she is the boss :-)

Pestilence13610 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:52:23

AND we have a half tame blackbird which has learnt to beep, worse than when it learnt DHs ringtone.

rosesarered9 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:53:59

Pestilence13610 Could you download the manual from the manufacturer's website? The serial number/product number should be on the rim of the door. flowers

Pestilence13610 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:58:13

Probably could rose but I want to find my manual.

Bunnyjo Sun 28-Aug-16 21:05:42

Mine doesn't beep and I can open it as soon as the drum stops. If I don't open it, it automatically goes onto the anti-crease cycle (and I can open it an any point during that too). I love my Miele!

WeAllHaveWings Sun 28-Aug-16 21:16:22

Mine seems to finish, waits 30 seconds, unlocks door and only then plays a cute when new but now insanely long and annoying tune

happywithlife06 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:02:04

What does LTB mean please? Thanks x

nannynick Sun 28-Aug-16 22:24:39

Is it near the fridge? They have been having a chat and are exercising their control over you. Fridge beeps when you don't close the door and Washer beeps when it may start thinking about letting you open the door, though maybe it is a warning to the kettle that brew is about to happen as there is time for a cuppa before the Washer will let you open the door!

Fairylea Sun 28-Aug-16 22:27:19

My washing machine sings a tune when he's finished. Cheery fucker.

MumiTravels Sun 28-Aug-16 22:27:49

Please swap.

I inherited a washing machine as ours gave up the ghost. It doesn't have a childlock. DS has done a few empty 90 degree cycles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now