Talk

Advanced search

About biscuits... And everything else

(21 Posts)
Solina Sun 28-Aug-16 16:47:38

Just sent DP to the shop to get some biscuits, I asked him to get the basics pack of biscuits (they are lovely).

Anyways he got back and they had run out of the basic ones so he got bourbons instead! I absolutely hate bourbons which is why I always leave all of them to him. I asked him why he had got them and he said "well you hate the custard creams and always leave them to me".
I absolutely love the custard creams! How can he not tell the difference in bourbons and custard creams??

He does this all the time and often tells people I don't like something that I do like and then I end up not getting any carrots with my roast dinner etc.

He is accusing me of changing my mind all the time. I am accusing him of not paying attention.

He is BU right? grin

WreckTangled Sun 28-Aug-16 16:49:55

YABU for not like bourbons shock although the ones in the value multipack are horrible.

Soubriquet Sun 28-Aug-16 16:50:58

How can you not like bourbons! shock

BitOutOfPractice Sun 28-Aug-16 16:51:54

Anyone who brings wrong biscuits is BU

Sparklesilverglitter Sun 28-Aug-16 16:52:00

Yabu for not liking Bourbons, how could you OP <<shakes head>>

Solina Sun 28-Aug-16 16:53:16

They taste like watery chocolate. Horrible.

I can send them over grin

Eatthecake Sun 28-Aug-16 16:53:55

How could you not like bourbons!

OP go and stand in the naughty corner and repeat after me I WILL LIKE BOURBONS

shock

teacher54321 Sun 28-Aug-16 16:54:13

I hate bourbons too.

Pinkheart5915 Sun 28-Aug-16 16:55:56

I don't mind a bourbon, although they wouldn't be my first choice.

He brought the wrong biscuits OP, of course his unreasonable. Set him back out ?

MotherOfGlob Sun 28-Aug-16 16:56:05

YADNBU

Bourbons are last resort biscuits.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Sun 28-Aug-16 17:01:30

Bourbons are the best. Especially when dunked in a mug of hot chocolate, or eaten with a mug of hot Ribena.

I doubt if DH would have a clue which biscuits I like best though, we've only been married 25 years.

Solina Sun 28-Aug-16 17:02:52

The shop closed at 4 so it is too late now.

I should have added that he also got himself some caramel and chocolate covered digestives! I would have claimed them to myself but I also dont like digestives... so now he has 2 types of biscuits he likes and I have none.

annatha Sun 28-Aug-16 17:11:56

OP are you me? I don't like bourbons (well, I'd eat them if they're the only thing we've got in but they're not something I'd ever choose) and my dh is constantly telling me what I like and don't like. He told his mum I like really crispy bacon (I like my bacon like I thought everyone else did- cooked) and when his mum stayed with us after I had DS she gave me black shards of bacon in a sandwich with no butter while everyone else had lovely normal bacon. I was too shy to tell her otherwise so it happened for about a fortnight and whenever we stay over at theirs. Apparently I'm obsessed with parsnips too.

Andro Sun 28-Aug-16 17:26:45

Especially when dunked in a mug of hot chocolate,

Now that is unreasonable!

Solina Sun 28-Aug-16 17:27:38

annatha I really feel the pain. Luckily I have a close relationship with DP mum and she doesnt trust her son anymore when it comes to my food likings grin but at first it was akward to tell her that actually I really like/dont like things.

I wouldnt have been able to let someone ruin bacon sarnies for me though! I would have had to say something!

AnnieOnnieMouse Sun 28-Aug-16 17:32:13

sneaks in, and eats all the bourbons
It's infuriating, I agree.
If he can't pay attention, he should keep quiet.
What doesn't he like, that you can turn the tables on him about?

EvansOvalPies Sun 28-Aug-16 17:32:56

Bourbons are revolting (I don't like Hob-Nobs either. Bleurgh )
Custard creams are lovely, as are chocolate-covered malted milk biscuits, with a glass of milk.
YANBU for being annoyed your DP can't remember this - I'd be LIVID!! grin

EvansOvalPies Sun 28-Aug-16 17:34:33

Make him a cabbage sandwich for his supper tomorrow. When he complains you can come back with "I swear the other day you said this was your absolute favourite. Never mind - I'll just tuck into my lovely roast dinner for one".

Solina Sun 28-Aug-16 17:38:11

evans thats a brilliant plan grin except I might have a pizza for myself as thats his favourite and make him mushroom risotto as he hates that! grin

dudsville Sun 28-Aug-16 17:42:14

Ha ha, my oh could not learn my chocolate preferences until one easter when we exchanged our eggs and he finally learned.

ThatsNotEvenAWord Sun 28-Aug-16 17:49:12

I also hate bourbons!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now