Talk

Advanced search

Rant: Exh wants a fucking medal for buying football boots

(19 Posts)
Assam Sun 28-Aug-16 13:05:15

For £30 when I've spent £250 on uniform for ds starting secondary & still got trainers to buy!!!

Grrrr just need to rant, he won't shut up about them, where he got them, the whole shop assistant story, how ds needs to look after them & wash after every use hmm

I pointed out to ds not to worry too much as he'll grow out of them before they disintegrate which was met with a look of shock & hurt from ex confusedgrin

This is the same twat who slept in my new bed & complained i hadn't made a birthday cake for ds specifically for him to sing happy birthday if anyone remembers

OhhBetty Sun 28-Aug-16 13:09:26

Yanbu! What a twat!

I remember you/him. God he doesn't get any better does he?!

TheNaze73 Sun 28-Aug-16 13:09:33

If he pays the going rate or more for maintenance then he deserves acknowledgement, not a medal. If he pays under the going rate, YANBU & he's a cock

VioletBam Sun 28-Aug-16 13:09:48

What a dickhead!

YANBU. I can't BEAR people who "big up" there paltry contributions!

Make the stupid fucker contribute more next time.

VioletBam Sun 28-Aug-16 13:10:36

Naze is he going to acknowledge the OP's contribution? Doubtful. He's the child's FATHER. He doesn't "deserve" acknowledgement!

redexpat Sun 28-Aug-16 14:37:17

Oh him again.

TheNaze73 Sun 28-Aug-16 14:57:48

Violet All relationships are different. If my partner spent a fortune on something for my children, I'd acknowledge it. No idea why the use of capitals.

Scarydinosaurs Sun 28-Aug-16 14:59:15

£30 a fortune vs £250???

What??

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sun 28-Aug-16 15:04:12

* he'll grow out of them before they disintegrate which was met with a look of shock & hurt from ex*

Does he think they'll last for the whole 5 years. You know, because kids dont grow, do they?

What a twat.

VioletBam Sun 28-Aug-16 15:42:58

Naze thirty quid is not a fortune.

YourNewspaperIsShit Sun 28-Aug-16 16:04:30

Sounds like my ex and he pays absolutely zilch child maintenance because he has DD overnight once a week and because he "pays for her at his house" he thinks that counts blush

SanityClause Sun 28-Aug-16 16:12:09

Naze, it's her ex. She has kitted their DC out with almost everything, and he has bought one item, and thinks it's a big deal. She had spent more than 8 times what he has spent. He probably doesn't realise that, though, because she hasn't made a great big song and dance about doing that ordinary chore of buying her DC's school uniform.

Charley50 Sun 28-Aug-16 16:23:06

My ex keeps banging on about the maintenance he pays. He has paid £300 in total in 12 years (all this year). He now says he doesn't need to buy DS any clothes because he 'pays maintenance.' He is such a wanker.

ShtoppenDerFloppen Sun 28-Aug-16 16:28:10

Reminds me of my ex. I finally just roundly ignored his self-aggrandizement.

I know what I do for my kids, and don't have to pat myself on the back for doing it.

Sorry he is such a douchecanoe.

AyeAmarok Sun 28-Aug-16 16:34:12

He deserves acknowledgement, from OP??? Who's had to fork out for the whole school uniform?

Oh wow! What a wonderful father you a Cuntychops!

Aye, right on, pal.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sun 28-Aug-16 16:39:40

Do you have a printer?

Make him a certificate.

He can hang it up in his house so that everyone will know he bought his child something he needed for school.

It's only fair you treat him like the true hero he is.

eggyface Sun 28-Aug-16 16:46:23

Why haven't you said 'I've spent £250' to shut him down? Would he then go on about how that should come out of maintenance?

Assam Sun 28-Aug-16 18:25:51

grin ha a certificate I love it.
He knows how much it all cost, I'm not interested in shutting him down anyway he can carry on twatting about making himself look like an idiot. giving up the fight is very freeing, I'm proud I saved and budgeted for that uniform. I'm quietly keeping my dignity (and can rant on here!)

ImNotJoeMyNameIsHarry Sun 28-Aug-16 22:56:13

Certificate sorTed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now