aibu to be in a panic about giving away baby clothes

(14 Posts)
RubbleBubble00 Fri 26-Aug-16 21:59:16

3 gorgeous ds. Youngest 3.5. No more room in house, I count cope with another baby. Happily agreed to give baby clothes to dh friend once their baby arrived.

Over the last couple wks been feeling complete panic about giving everything away. Just pulled it all out. Dh happily sorting and I'm feeling it's completely wrong and want to put it all back.

Is this normal?

Xmasbaby11 Fri 26-Aug-16 22:00:43

I think thats normal. I had fleeting panic when I gave my baby clothes away.

Then i gave away all the huge stuff like jumperoo and it was very liberating!

DerekSprechenZeDick Fri 26-Aug-16 22:00:54

I gave mine away very happily. Regret it now I'm having number 2 though!

Keep some to put on teddies and as keepsakes and give away the rest. No point saving them
For no reason

Bagina Fri 26-Aug-16 22:03:12

Just keep it then! I'm sure they won't be remember. Most people offer things and don't get round to doing it. Or sort into provisional piles: things you might like to keep and things you might like to give away. Keep returning and reassessing. It might just be the memories coming back as you've only just got it all out. Maybe cos they're not going to your friend?

RubbleBubble00 Fri 26-Aug-16 22:10:06

All stuff is in kitchen. I havnt even looked in box's. Dh is checking. He's gone to shop to buy me chocolate - think he's picking up my anxiety.

I know im being silly. My main worry is falling pregnant and having nothing which in itself is ridiculous as I'm super careful and dh works away a lot.

Gah

Mari50 Fri 26-Aug-16 22:22:18

I guess it depends on your finances. I gave all my DD's things away happy in the knowledge that should I fall pregnant again I'd want (and be able) to buy new stuff. I guess with three already that might not be the case. .. . .

bookwormnerd Fri 26-Aug-16 22:24:35

Its normal, I cried when sorted dd clothes as had ds. With both my children I have kept some favorate outfits though to go in memory box

StripeyMonkey1 Fri 26-Aug-16 22:29:42

I felt very emotional when I sold my baby clothes at a nearly new sale. I was almost in tears setting up - even though I definitely didn't want another baby.

I think that is fairly normal. I was fine afterwards.. and had a lot more space in my house! smile

user1467393664 Fri 26-Aug-16 22:34:18

I'd pick the pieces I liked the most or had sentimental value and have them made in to a teddy. I've seen some really cute ones. So you have a little part of them always.

Sure if you were to have another one you can always buy more clothes and if you're anything like me you'd would want some new stuff even if you have an attic full of baby clothes wink

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 26-Aug-16 22:36:04

YANBU. I have a memory box which my DS's will probably dump in a skip when doing the house clearance (after I kick the bucket) but I can't bear to let go of the odd cute little tshirt or pair of socks or hat. If everything was gone it would make me sad.

I do give 99% away though. We need the space!

strawberrypenguin Fri 26-Aug-16 22:37:47

I think it probably means you aren't sure if you are 'done' yet. There is no way I could have given baby clothes away after our first. Now after the second I'm happily ebaying them!

RubbleBubble00 Fri 26-Aug-16 22:42:51

Thank you

Going to women up. Clothes are going away tomorrow. Going to concentrate on flogging my cloth nappies

Purpleprickles Fri 26-Aug-16 22:49:47

I think this is normal. We didn't think we would ever be able to have dc2 so in the end I felt I needed to clear out ds baby clothes to move on. I was however totally torn over what to do with them. In the end I gave them to Women's Aid as I wanted them to be needed and used.

Miraculously dd was born earlier this year so having given away all ds stuff it was good she was a girl grin I'm trying to pass things on as she outgrows them this time so it doesn't feel so huge to sort them all at once. I am however squirrelling away odd outfits I love....by the time she is 2 this will no doubt be a mound to sort smile

birdling Sat 27-Aug-16 08:53:25

I've just got rid of all my baby stuff, during the last month or so.
Last Saturday I found out that I'm expecting No' 3..... shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now