Talk

Advanced search

What was the deletion message for that thread?

(17 Posts)
sorrytobeapain Fri 26-Aug-16 21:08:24

The one about social services and 19 month old? I've tried to Google the thread, it normally comes up, but it doesn't. I know HQ commented and didn't say troll so just curious.

AyeAmarok Fri 26-Aug-16 21:09:34

Thread deleted
Message from MNHQ: We do advise all our members to be aware that not everyone on t'internet is who they say they are, and that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

To reiterate from our post on the thread - we would urge the OP to contact some RL support
Useful links from our relationships boards are here:
www.mumsnet.com/webguide/domestic-violence
www.mumsnet.com/webguide/relationships
Kindest wishes

sorrytobeapain Fri 26-Aug-16 21:10:47

Thank you smile

rosesarered9 Fri 26-Aug-16 21:14:28

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2717352-Social-services-has-just-given-my-toddler-to-his-abusive-Dad-and-forced-me-to-leave-the-family-home-Could-someone-just-chat-with-me-please-Tigger-warning?trending=1

Here it is

MermaidTears Fri 26-Aug-16 22:34:12

Sorry to sound thick, but I don't quite get it. Are they saying she's a troll or not? I'm confused

Rumpelstiltskin143 Fri 26-Aug-16 23:02:22

What difference does it make. The thread's gone.

rubbishbin Fri 26-Aug-16 23:04:30

I hope it was a troll sad

MermaidTears Fri 26-Aug-16 23:10:51

I didn't read it. I clicked on it thinking it sounded awful and the poster would need help. It was gone, but I don't understand the message, it's not saying it's a troll it's saying the poster should ask for RL help.
Or have I got this wrong?
I never saw the post so I don't know what happened

hedwig2001 Fri 26-Aug-16 23:11:19

Reading the last line about "seeking real life support" it sounds like suicide was threatened. MNHQ policy is to delete such threads.

TealLove Fri 26-Aug-16 23:11:38

I don't understand the deletion message at all
The thread was v upsetting

MermaidTears Fri 26-Aug-16 23:13:48

That is dry upsetting. My heart goes out to her and I hope she gets help she needs.
No idea what it was but it sounds distressing.

MermaidTears Fri 26-Aug-16 23:15:09

Very* not dry

meck Fri 26-Aug-16 23:29:16

I hope it was a troll too. Very unsettling

Sunshineonacloudyday Fri 26-Aug-16 23:29:40

What was the thread about?

blueskyinmarch Fri 26-Aug-16 23:31:56

I think they were hedging their bets and the deletion message was giving OP some places she could get support if she was for real. If it is a first post it must be hard to know if a poster is trolling for kicks or just unwell.

MermaidTears Sat 27-Aug-16 07:22:27

Can anyone message me what had happened? If it's that bad I also hope troll then.

JudyCoolibar Sat 27-Aug-16 07:24:15

The thread needed to go because if she wasn't a troll she clearly had serious mental health issues. I suspect the deletion message was aimed at both possibilities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now