Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to HATE this attitude?

(4 Posts)
lemonzest123 Wed 24-Aug-16 19:08:37

I know Im probably overreacting but Im seriously about to bite my Dad's head off.

My Mum's in hospital very much on her last legs. Its a very sad and stressful time and weve all cried a lot. We're in the emergency short stay ward because there's nowhere else for her to go and there are some new people just arrived im the next room.

Okay, they are quite loud, but they've obviously just arrived and doesnt sound serious and they're trying to keep the OP (other patient in this case!)... but my Dad (and Mum tbf be she's absolved from all blame under the circs) has already commented on how loud they are three times and mocked their cockney accents.

Ive got up twice to tell them to quieten down (nicely, I'm not a cow) and each time be told to sit down and not make a fuss because it'll cause 'agro'.

Is this a generation thing or is it just my folks?

Urgh...suspect am overtired.

Debinaround Wed 24-Aug-16 19:30:42

I'm so sorry to hear about your mam. flowers

I would just let your mam and dad have a moan and not say anything, it will probably just stress them out if you do. ((((Hug))))

GoldFishFingerz Wed 24-Aug-16 19:32:43

Ask the nurses if you can change rooms as its really upsetting everyone st s delicate time.

GirlWithTheLionHeart Wed 24-Aug-16 19:34:05

Just go and tell them to quiet down as your mum's ill . It's a ward not a social club. Twats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now