Talk

Advanced search

To hate bullshit reasons?

(14 Posts)
NickNacks Wed 24-Aug-16 18:18:08

I have just had 'data protection' given as a reason for not being able to set something up on an app we have been asked to register with for an extra curricular activity the children do. Rather than just saying it's not possible or I don't know how, i've been told it's data protection preventing my request. Why do people bullshit?!

ImNotJoeMyNameIsHarry Wed 24-Aug-16 18:20:25

I would tell you but that would be breaking the data protection act and I can't give out those details.

ImNotJoeMyNameIsHarry Wed 24-Aug-16 18:21:26

Although my actually guess is that its easier than sorting the problem out.

dancinghulagirl Wed 24-Aug-16 18:23:45

That's crap

Ask them specifically which part of the data protection act it is breaching

NickNacks Wed 24-Aug-16 18:43:02

I would ask but i suspect she doesn't know. Rather than say so, she's given me crap.

dancinghulagirl Wed 24-Aug-16 18:53:06

thats what i mean - challenge them on the actual reason.

caroldecker Wed 24-Aug-16 19:11:44

It may be they do not have sufficient data protection policies to protect your information and don't want to spend money installing them. EU data protection is actually quite strict.

redexpat Wed 24-Aug-16 19:49:10

It's the new health and safety.

ProseccoPoppy Wed 24-Aug-16 19:54:07

An estate agent told me he couldn't tell me what offer had been made on a particular property by someone else and rejected (so I could gauge our offer and not waste time) for "legal reasons". I asked him which law. And pointed out I'm a lawyer. He went a beautiful shade of purple. grin

NickNacks Wed 24-Aug-16 20:23:11

caroldecker I don't think that's it, it's such a minor thing that I just can't imagine it's not possible.

NickNacks Wed 24-Aug-16 20:27:45

Or if it isn't possible then it won't be due to data bloody protection. It might be because the system is too basic but it's not because of data protection

DeadGood Wed 24-Aug-16 20:29:52

YANBU. Give me the truth, I can take it - but I will get frustrated and unpleasant when someone is trying to fob me off with lies.

GiddyOnZackHunt Wed 24-Aug-16 20:36:35

We had Halfords tell us that we were legally required to give them our contact details when we were buying a new hbb carseat for ds a few years ago.
I can't quite remember the specifics but when we questioned it they were very unpleasant, before finally conceding it was policy not law.
We went elsewhere.

NickNacks Wed 24-Aug-16 20:37:54

I've managed to do it!!!!!!! Do I gloat to bossy boots bullshitter??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now