Talk

Advanced search

To be irrationally hacked off

(2 Posts)
1wokeuplikethis Wed 24-Aug-16 13:26:48

We get on well with our next door neighbours. They are nice.

But they have two guys putting a fence up between their drive and our garden and the noise is driving me crazy. I've got a 6 month old who needs to nap, it's 596 degrees and I can't open any Windows because of the noise of their drilling/chopping concrete blocks or whatever they're doing because not only is it a racket it's disturbing lo.

And I've just gone outside to ditch a pooey nappy and discovered my car which I got cleaned the other day in prep for going on holiday on Friday is now covered in a thick layer of brick dust.

I am so ANNOYED!

PJBanana Wed 24-Aug-16 13:39:14

That is annoying but there's nothing that can be done. You have said yourself that they are good neighbour's so I would try to wait it out and not feel too annoyed.

Can you go out in the car with your DC or take them out for a walk in their pushchair?

Otherwise, put them in the furthest room away from the noise, maybe with a fan or white noise machine (if you have either) and then you can keep a window open?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now