We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Off work watching Loose Women ...

(22 Posts)
iminshock Tue 23-Aug-16 13:18:38

It's a pile of tosh , no?
Claire Sweeney just joked about having sex so her partner will buy her new shoes.
Yes I know I can switch it off but it's like probing a sore tooth

64bluelollypops Tue 23-Aug-16 13:54:18

YADNBU! I can't watch it, they always seem to be talking utter crap.
I can't believe Claire Sweeney said that, what a moron.confused

Littleelffriend Tue 23-Aug-16 13:54:58

My most hated programme

90daychallenger Tue 23-Aug-16 13:58:24

Definitely requires a full lobotomy AFAIK

coolandcalm Tue 23-Aug-16 14:38:12

Claire Sweeney was on? glad I didn't watch it then.

Lottapianos Tue 23-Aug-16 14:39:42

'Claire Sweeney just joked about having sex so her partner will buy her new shoes'

Speechless. Actually speechless.

maddiemookins16mum Tue 23-Aug-16 14:42:20

It"s awful (although I do find JSP entertaining).

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 23-Aug-16 14:42:24

It's a pile of steaming shite and [I don't watch it often] when Andrea Maclean hosts I want to stick my own head down the pan.

Sherrie Hewson, what has she done to herself.

I do like Jane Moore.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Tue 23-Aug-16 14:48:46

I like Jane Moore, but I can't abide Loose Women. My parents love it, for some peculiar reason.

I always thought Carol McGiffin looked like a seriously nasty piece of work. She's probably the one who always goes too far on a night out, then tries to shag your partner.

Jamelia makes me think lobotomies are still in common practice.

Scoose Tue 23-Aug-16 14:55:31

I don't mind loose women although find Jamelia annoying. I love Janet street porter and Ruth Langsford comes across as lovely

RaskolnikovsGarret Tue 23-Aug-16 15:02:38

An intolerable programme. Does women no favours at all, I am depressed that it seems so popular.

missm0use Tue 23-Aug-16 15:15:31

I would actually rather pour acid in my eyes than watch a single second of that program. They are the stereotype of all the negative and derogatory comments ever made by men about women.

iminshock Tue 23-Aug-16 16:39:36

So glad it's not just me .
Utterly dreadful stereotypes.
Today they were discussing the " news" that women take a long time to catch up on earnings dyed having babies. And they proceeded to give their own examples of turning down acting and presenting opportunities in America and stuff.
So just like the rest of us on
minimum and low wages , then ?

CautionWankingMonkeys Tue 23-Aug-16 16:42:37

I caught Jamelia's views on plus size women a few years ago and I still get the rage now.

PinkyOfPie Tue 23-Aug-16 16:45:11

It's completely vile, I don't watch it but always look when there's controversial news on it. It was particularly gross when Judy Finnegan implied Ched Evan's victim experienced a 'nice' rape

woodhill Tue 23-Aug-16 16:46:52

I don't like it plus ads every 2 minutes, no substance

molyholy Tue 23-Aug-16 17:03:42

It's awful. I always put it on if I have a day off, just to remind myself how fucking awful it is. I can last about 3 minutes before I turn off. They are embarrassing. I love JSP too, but not on that.

BooFuckingHoo Tue 23-Aug-16 17:20:31

I watched it today, it made me laugh!

The absolute irony of Nadia whatsherface slagging off Jamie Oliver for calling his kid River when her youngest daughter is called Kiki-Bee!

RoughMagic Tue 23-Aug-16 17:23:33

It's shit. I have no idea why it's so popular.

It does women no favours at all. In fact it perpetuates damaging stereotypes.

heron98 Tue 23-Aug-16 17:37:20

I've never heard of it. What is it?

Beardsareweird Tue 23-Aug-16 17:42:52

I sometimes catch it during the school holidays, just to see if it's still as crap as it;s always been. I quite like Kay Adams, but some of the presenters like Colleen, Sherrie etc are always announcing that they're leaving, with tears and emotional goodbyes etc then about 6 months later, they're back on the show.

GirlOverboard Tue 23-Aug-16 18:01:46

I think there's too much snobbery around Loose Women. It's pretty entertaining, fluffy, harmless daytime TV.

It was much better in the days of Carol McGiffin, Denise Welch and Jane McDonald. And the constant cheering, whooping and applauding from the audience winds me up a bit. But it's still a more interesting watch than most of the alternatives at that time of day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now