Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to hate the new Ariel Excel Gel Packaging

(6 Posts)
prettybird Tue 23-Aug-16 11:42:23

So not going to buy this again. angry

Usually buy liquid but tried the gel. Can't wait for the bottle to be finished. sad

It might clean well enough but the mess and difficulty in squeezing the gel out is just not worth it. hmm

Having to store it on its (leaky) top means that there is a permanent smear of gel on the work surface. Can't stand it with the lid at the top as a) the bottle is then unstable and b) you're "supposed" to store the dispenser on that particular flat bit. confused

And while you're trying to squeeze the gel out, the lid drips all over the place. And as you use up the bottle, it becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze the stuff out. I'm only half way through the bottle and I'm already having to use both hands to squeeze. shock

Heaven help any older and/or weaker people.

angry

AIBU to think that it is crap, badly thought through packaging?

dementedpixie Tue 23-Aug-16 13:35:33

I never use liquids or gels and much prefer powders. Better for the machine too

Squills Tue 23-Aug-16 13:50:06

I don't use it for the same reasons!

prettybird Tue 23-Aug-16 14:10:30

I usually use liquid for colours and powder for whites (no conditioner).

Have run out of powder but am not buying more while I try to use this damned bottle up.

Pengweng Tue 23-Aug-16 14:44:53

Mine is nearly empty and i had to squeeze it for about 60 seconds earlier to get any to bloody come out. I'm not buying it again, it's too bloody annoying.

prettybird Tue 23-Aug-16 15:12:34

So it's not just me then! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now