No faith in dwp

(11 Posts)
Missgraeme Mon 22-Aug-16 11:33:30

Updated tax credits last Wed over the phone. Online hadn't worked the week before. Man took details blah blah. Checks bank early today - no money in. Phoned dwp (on hold for 31 mins) - no the man last week hasn't updated my claim! Have issued nominal payment as my dh has a good job! Eh dh was made redundant 2 years ago next month!! Have to refer claim back to decision maker and could take 5 weeks!! So last week advisor fraudulently claimed a wage coz he didn't do his fecking job!! I said aren't calls recorded???? Why can't people do the jobs they are paid to do or AIBU??

Creatureofthenight Mon 22-Aug-16 11:36:44

YANBU. You've done what you are supposed to do by updating them, they have not done their part. Will this leave you short? If so let your MP know what has happened - I'm not sure what thecan do for individual cases but at least you'll have taken it further.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 22-Aug-16 11:54:53

YNBU. Theyve clearly not done their jobs properly thus leaving you short on cash, and further more. They're pulling crack pot stories out the air. Which aren't even accurate

SilverDragonfly1 Mon 22-Aug-16 12:31:45

You're not being unreasonable. Did you get the man's name, time of call and a quick note of what was agreed? It's vital to get these details in any call to DWP or tax credits as they tend to actually try and fix things once they realise you have names! I found MP involvement in a complaint against ATOS and HMRC- at different times- made things move faster even though he couldn't tell them to do anything. There is probably little or nothing that can be done to make it happen as quickly as you need though, so it's a case of making a formal complaint today then looking at any other options you have to survive in the meantime- and I realise those might be few or none. Check if your council offers any help, foodbanks, cancel direct debits etc as priority is housing and food.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 22-Aug-16 12:51:30

DWP don't administer tax credits.

user1471451881 Mon 22-Aug-16 12:57:32

Im sure Tax credits are dealt with by HMRC not DWP.
I'm sure the calls should be recorded. Could you call and insist they check for the call and make your case a priority.

user1471451881 Mon 22-Aug-16 12:58:58

So YABU a bit saying you have no faith in dwp when it's nothing to do with them

Missgraeme Mon 22-Aug-16 13:08:12

Meant HMRC about my tax credits! And the Aibu was in general why can't people do the job they are paid to do? Maybe advisors should have an id number they give out so are traceable to a particular call? My phone had logged last week's call and length of call but he claimed not at their end! How convenient for them! I paid a window cleaner for 2 week years ago who according to a neighbour was just a random man carrying an empty bucket around!!

ilovesooty Mon 22-Aug-16 13:54:28

In my experience DWP advisors won't give you their names. Not sure about HMRC.

user1471544305 Mon 22-Aug-16 13:58:10

Calls are recorded and I would issue an appeal. I did after a phone call made the previous 10 months ago and I was awarded over 2k back pay.

DiegeticMuch Mon 22-Aug-16 14:53:37

I'd ring back and make a formal complaint. Quietest time for the phone line is 8am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now