Talk

Advanced search

to think he could have got out of bed

(24 Posts)
Asuitablemum Sun 21-Aug-16 22:04:04

whilst reading in bed so that I could tuck my side of the undersheet in and not sleep on a ridges and creases all night. Apparently I should have realised earlier and I can do it tomorrow. He wriggled a bit but wouldn't actually get out so no help at all.

MooPointCowsOpinion Sun 21-Aug-16 22:06:44

Aw it sounds a bit like princess and the pea. I hope you don't wake up with bruises.

In all seriousness though, is there a back story? How creased? Did he get into bed first?

Asuitablemum Sun 21-Aug-16 22:11:40

You know when one corner of the undersheet gets untucked and the rest of it sort of springs it across the bed. Is it just me that this happens to?!

Rifleponyandme Sun 21-Aug-16 22:13:25

No no I hate that as well i couldn't sleep in the bed if it was like that

cozietoesie Sun 21-Aug-16 22:14:16

Fitted bottom sheets. Your relationship will never look back. grin

Cheby Sun 21-Aug-16 22:15:29

Fitted sheet? So the elasticised corner is now under where you are trying to sleep? YANBU. Jesus it takes 2 seconds to get up, fix sheet and get back in. It's not like it's freezing in mid winter or anything, and he was awake already. He sounds like a bit of dick.

I'd wait til he's asleep then slowly edge into the middle, pushing him right to the edge and steeling the entire duvet in the process.

Asuitablemum Sun 21-Aug-16 22:16:17

Bit they are fitted ones. I think he must pull them over or something!

Cheby Sun 21-Aug-16 22:18:12

Have you got a deep mattress? We had to buy deep fitted sheets to stop them pinging off our mattress all the time.

Asuitablemum Sun 21-Aug-16 22:19:58

Thanks cheby, that's exactly what I thought....Just unfortunately about my 'd'h not an Internet stranger's one haha! I untucked my whole side and pushed it to the middle so I don't have to sleep on it. Hopefully it will now annoy him instead or at least provide me a middle barrier grin

stayathomegardener Sun 21-Aug-16 22:21:55

You would not be unreasonable under those circumstances to stew until he was fast asleep until you explode...
Yank duvet off, flip lights on and yank corner of fitted sheet back.
He is a selfish arse HTH.

stayathomegardener Sun 21-Aug-16 22:24:31

Then tomorrow sew thick elastic straps across the bottom of each corner. Sorted.

maras2 Sun 21-Aug-16 22:29:52

DH manages to ruck up the fitted sheet every night so I get him to right it in the morning.Saves messing about at night.

SatsukiKusakabe Sun 21-Aug-16 22:36:48

Ditto stayathomegardener's comment

MooPointCowsOpinion Sun 21-Aug-16 22:38:15

Oh I see. Yes he needs to get up and let you ping the sheet back on.

Storminateapot Sun 21-Aug-16 22:40:23

Argghhh! I can't sleep on a ruckled bottom sheet, that would be a LTB offence grin

MiaowTheCat Sun 21-Aug-16 22:41:24

Unless you put the sheets on a specific way you get fitted sheet ping on our bed and it's always my bloody side that gets it.

You've got to really really yank the elasticated bit of the sheet right under the mattress and that usually stops it going for a good while. I've given up for the night though as DH is snoring and has the restless legs going on so it's like a pneumatic drill doing riverdance in there and I'm on the sofa for a while till he shuts up.

Cannot wait till our new corner sofa bed is delivered with a decent mattress for such occasions. (7 weeks - not that I'm counting)

Memoires Sun 21-Aug-16 22:44:50

Mine always ping off too, although they are deep-mattress enabled. Sew elastic on? I'll be buying some tomorrow.

AnvilAnnie Sun 21-Aug-16 22:44:56

Get flat sheets. problem solved.

RNBrie Sun 21-Aug-16 22:50:58

If he was awake, he should have got up. If he was asleep then yabu.

OTheHugeManatee Sun 21-Aug-16 22:53:41

Flat sheets. No more ping smile

Asuitablemum Sun 21-Aug-16 22:53:45

He was awake reading in bed!

BengalCatMum Sun 21-Aug-16 23:01:37

I am fuming on your behalf OP grin

Find something suitably annoying that 'you will sort tomorrow'.

Like find a knackered battery and put in the fire alarm. Then tell him you will sort it tomorrow when it starts going off. Use this time to sort the sheets when he goes to fix. Genius if I say so myself grin

Asuitablemum Sun 21-Aug-16 23:07:30

Thanks Bengal, some good tips here grin

BengalCatMum Sun 21-Aug-16 23:10:48

I was quite impressed with my resourcefulness too actually wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now