Talk

Advanced search

To report racist/homophobic/sexist driving instructor?

(5 Posts)
DiscoStingray Sun 21-Aug-16 17:45:07

I've been having driving lessons with the same instructor for just over a month now.

First lesson he was quite a pleasant guy, really chatty and jokey. Last 6 lessons I've had with him have left me questioning his "jokes". He uses the "n" word and justifies his usage to being black himself. I'm mixed with black but I detest the use of the word. He makes innapropriate comments about what women are wearing, how he loves blondes and that women need to put more clothing on despite mentioning his wife and kids a lot. This makes me feel really uncomfortable. The way I see it he's viewing women as meat and not human beings. He is also anti gay. He made a comment about a male cyclist wearing longer shorts than female cyclists. When I challenged him and said that I've seen men wear shorter shorts than women, he went on to say "oh well they're gay".

Do I report this guy. I'm not sure if this is just banter but he's come across as a real arsehole. I brush most of his comments off and ignore mostly but it makes for a very unpleasant lesson.

I've already paid him for block lessons and I've got 4 more lessons to go with him. If I stop now it would be awkward and I don't know if I'll get my money back. I also wonder if he does this to his other students.

EastMidsMummy Sun 21-Aug-16 17:46:59

Report to whom?

If it's a driving school with other teachers, then yes - ask to be transferred to a different instructor. If not, you may have to suck it up.

DiscoStingray Sun 21-Aug-16 17:52:22

Yes it's a driving school. Guess I'll have to suck it up anyway. Only 4 lessons left :/

GrumpyOldBag Sun 21-Aug-16 17:54:18

I would give feedback to the school then and ask for a different instructor for your remaining lessons.

I don't think that sort of talk is acceptable.

mrsfuzzy Sun 21-Aug-16 18:16:53

report to driving school any way regardless of the number of remaining lessons and ask for new instructor, his poor wife and dcs he sounds a bit of a knob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now