Talk

Advanced search

In waking up hungover DP?

(10 Posts)
NoCapes Sun 21-Aug-16 12:15:35

DP was at a stag do yesterday, he left at 10:30am and didn't get home until some point in the early hours
I was alone with DS1(7), DD(5) & DS2(9 months) I'm also pregnant and sick as a dog

He works all week so I'm alone with all the children all day every day
I had a mare of a day yesterday and ended up in A&E with all the kids all afternoon
I've been throwing up all morning today
I'm in desperate need of a shower

So at 11am I woke DP up and I've sent various children up to get him up about 5/6 times since (I'm trapped under a napping baby)
He still hasn't moved
He's moaning that he wouldn't make me get up and have kids when I'm hungover
To be fair he wouldn't, but he seems to be completely forgetting that during the first 4/5 months of pregnancy you're basically in a permanent state of hungover, yet I'm still expected to look after the kids all day

He's pissing me right off

I know I'm not BU really, I just wanted to moan about him
Fucker

PitchFork Sun 21-Aug-16 12:19:25

yanbu
you are ill and need rest. your dp needs to step in and take care of baby, your older dc can sort of fend for themselves for a bit (hurray for tv)

ABloodyDifficultWoman Sun 21-Aug-16 12:20:42

Fuck no! Wake him up - selfish fucker! What a stupid thing to say "I wouldn't wake you up" - ffs - since it's likely to be many years before you are in a position to drink so much that you are incompetent in the morning it's a rather worthless statement.
Is there any way you can slip out and accidentally leave all the children with him for a couple of hours? Even if you just go for a walk or a coffee or something?

PaperdollCartoon Sun 21-Aug-16 12:23:39

YANBU. This isn't waking him up to be mean, you really need him.
Tell him the pregnancy as permanent state of hangover line as well, because it's exactly right. Hope he gets his arse up soon.

Berthatydfil Sun 21-Aug-16 12:25:34

No I wouldn't wake you up but I would leave you with a baby and a toddler suffering severe sickness all day hmmmm
He's a twat go ahead and wake him up.

HeathOnTheRight Sun 21-Aug-16 12:26:21

Yanbu.
He is making you get up when you're ill. He had his day yesterday. Now his time to give you a break. He'll be back at work tomorrow & completely unfair for you to not get a break at all until next weekend

NoCapes Sun 21-Aug-16 12:32:24

He's in the shower - hallelujah!

I've just spoke to his grandad and said DP is bringing the kids down for a visit later grin mwahahaha!

madein1995 Sun 21-Aug-16 12:59:02

YADNU, normally I'm firmly in the 'let him sleep it off' camp, but you are ill so that makes it a different story altogether, youre hardly doing it to punish him.
Glad to hear he's up now OP, try and get some rest

Crunchymum Sun 21-Aug-16 13:15:58

I'd have been calling him home yesterday afternoon. Why did you take all the kids to A&E???

NoCapes Sun 21-Aug-16 13:46:17

Crunchy because DD hurt her foot, I had a thread running on here about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now