Talk

Advanced search

Leaving behind a mess for lazy, lying coworker to tidy up, AIBU?

(6 Posts)
CoffeeAddict2016 Sat 20-Aug-16 16:37:36

As a precaution I decided to NC before creating this thread, this is a rant as much as it is a WWYD? to be honest.
I've been having on-going issues with a newish colleague since she was hired roughly three months ago. I work in retail by the way, in a small clothes shop. To keep a long story short she's a lazy, control freak and a pathological liar with a horribly mean/jealous streak. She undermines me constantly and is always trying to steal customers/sales from me, despite it not being a commission based role. I could honestly give you a million and one examples of this behaviour but don't want to bore anyone. Other colleagues, including the manager who's afraid of confrontation have had similar issues so I don't think she'll be around much longer. Anyway, the shop closes at 6pm and usual her shift ended at 4pm while I'm left to close the store on my own which I really don't mind. However, she does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING all day and I'm left to do my job as well as hers.
I've just had enough to be honest, the shops a bit messy and I feel like cashing up and leaving it as it is for her opening tomorrow. AIBU?

(P.S I am on Mumsnet while at work, I know it's bad but I'm just so fed up of this)

mrsfuzzy Sat 20-Aug-16 16:43:36

speak to your boss ? HR dept ? union rep ? feel for you this sounds so shitty.

MrsJoeyMaynard Sat 20-Aug-16 16:45:23

I can understand the temptation, but couldn't that backfire on you?

If lazy colleague complains to manager and says look at the mess Coffee left this place in last night, for instance?

CoffeeAddict2016 Sat 20-Aug-16 16:48:40

speak to your boss ? HR dept ? union rep ? feel for you this sounds so shitty.
It's a very small company so not much in the way of HR etc. I'm considering leaving the company all together for this very reason.

I actually think in this instance my manager would understand since she's had similar issues with her, I do think she'll be given let go quite soon and it's myself/her working tomorrow anyway.

PJBanana Sat 20-Aug-16 16:52:38

Will she care enough to tidy everywhere up tomorrow? I doubt it.

If you think she'll be let go soon, I would just let things lie.

Dozer Sat 20-Aug-16 18:04:30

Rise above it and tidy up as much as possible within your available working time, and tell your manager about your concerns about her behaviour and poor performance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now