Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to let this go to someone else now?

(16 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Fri 19-Aug-16 22:03:23

I put a brand new with tags coat set for a new born on FB the other day. Free to a good home. Got a lot of replies but in the end, I said someone could have it. I had advertised on Friday and she has asked if she could collect Tuesday. No problem.

She didn't turn up but messaged and apologised. Said she would be here yesterday. No show again. So posted on the picture for resale again and she messaged me quickly saying she had forgotten. She has got stuff off me before so I let it slip this time. Warned her it was her last chance and if she didn't collect today, I was letting it go to someone else. She agreed and said that was fine. She would definitely be here today.

She didn't. So I've messaged the next person and they have said they will collect tonorrow.

The first person has just messaged and apologised with a sob story about how she has had to help her friend suddenly move out and stop all her stuff from being taken.

I haven't replied yet because I'm not quite sure how to word it but AIBU to let it go to someone else now? It's been a week

Ilovenannyplum Fri 19-Aug-16 22:04:48

YANBU
Drives me potty when people don't collect when they say they will. You've given her enough chances!

Giratina Fri 19-Aug-16 22:06:17

Just take it to a charity shop. You don't have to deal with time wasters and the charity benefits, win win.

anyname123 Fri 19-Aug-16 22:06:50

I'd give it to the other person, but then I am a bit grumpy about being arsed about on FB selling sits and have a very low tolerance for time wasting.

Shes messed you about on 3 occasions, after a warning - let it go to the next person.....do you have all your correspondence saved for evidence just in case?

MrsBobDylan Fri 19-Aug-16 22:12:39

Charity shop it. I've heard of this happening with free stuff. People take the absolute piss!

Masketti Fri 19-Aug-16 22:15:08

Don't reply and pass it on to the next person. She's had her chance.

Brentlicious Fri 19-Aug-16 22:22:42

She's flaky. Despite doing good deeds for a friend all day, she could surely have found a minute or two to contact you.
And what's with all the 'take it to a charity shop stuff?' You've already committed it to Person 2 - letting her down now would make you as bad as Mrs Flaky.

Lilacpink40 Fri 19-Aug-16 22:26:28

In the future a charity shop is a good idea unless you have a close family member or friend that is reliable at collecting.

Coconut0il Fri 19-Aug-16 22:30:04

Definitely give it to the second person. I donate everything now, I find people want things if you put free but if you even ask for a £1 for your child's money box then they don't want it any more.

NeedACleverNN Sat 20-Aug-16 16:36:33

The second person turned up like she said she was going to and even insisted I took £2 for it. Even if it was to buy a treat for the dc

Thank you. Felt a bit guilty for not letting the other girl have it but she messed me about enough

mrsfuzzy Sat 20-Aug-16 16:46:32

sorted, good for you, but at least you know for next time what to do. she sounds a pita tbh.

ayeokthen Sat 20-Aug-16 16:49:24

I think you were more than reasonable with the first one, she shouldn't have messed you about 3 times.

VimFuego101 Sat 20-Aug-16 16:49:26

YANBU, I probably wouldn't have given her a second chance let alone a third.

2rebecca Sat 20-Aug-16 16:49:37

I wouldn't have given her a third chance, if she was bothered she'd have come the first time.

sonjadog Sat 20-Aug-16 17:02:27

YWNBU to give it to the second person. First person had her chance. If you want reply to hear anything more from her, just say you gave it to someone else. I wouldn´t bother with explanations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now