To want to stitch his scrotum to his penis without gas and air?

(113 Posts)
SlimCheesy2 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:07:29

... Okay to be fair I am really angry and am venting on here rather than at my best friend. My best friend is about to have her second child. She is 43, years of IVF for the first and fell for the second naturally. We had coffee yesterday and she said she was hoping to give birth naturally. Her DH who was in the kitchen at the time gave a snort. BF demanded to know what he meant by that and he said that she had hardly given birth naturally LAST time. BF got weepy and reminded him that she had given birth without drugs but had needed gas and air to be stitched back up. His comment was; Yeah. You wimped out'.

He meant it too. He is very anti drugs, medical intervention stuff anyway, though to be fair I am not his greatest fan (as I find him quite obnoxious and controlling) so anything he says winds me up. I left soon after that because BF was getting anxious and upset and it was not helping me being there.

But I want so badly to tell him that until he can pass a watermelon out of his arse he doesn't get to have an opinion on what 'wimping out' means.

I am really really really cross and feeling quite impotent as BF is literally days from giving birth so does not need me to give her my feelings on this so venting 'safely' via MN.

monkeysox Fri 19-Aug-16 11:09:14

Hammer and nails. Nail his nob to a table. What a fucker.

hollinhurst84 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:09:46

Remind him of this when he cuts himself or needs stitches. No anaesthetic for him

SlimCheesy2 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:10:36

I did also rant to Dh who pointed out that the man has wound me up for decades so he could shit diamonds and I would still dislike him.

[not quite true- i like diamonds]

SlimCheesy2 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:11:34

TB (relatively) fair he does not take any sort of medication at all himself.

(but has not given birth).

allthecarbs Fri 19-Aug-16 11:11:34

Great that he wants to live like that but who the fuck is he to make his wife feel awful?!

I hope she doesn't feel under too much pressure to be drug free this time sad

JenLindley Fri 19-Aug-16 11:12:06

angry what a fucking prick. I am so fed up of men telling women about their own bodies. I saw a thing yesterday where a man explained to women why they have pain with their breasts and how it was just bad posture and lack of exercise. I am done with this shit. How fucking dare he.

YANBU!!

glitterwhip Fri 19-Aug-16 11:12:08

Iv only heard one thing as I already dislike him ..he doesn't get an opinion at all ..utter twat

glitterwhip Fri 19-Aug-16 11:13:31

I bet if he broke his leg he'd be begging for pain relief ..he's a nob

SlowJinn Fri 19-Aug-16 11:13:32

Scrubs up ready to assist in this surgery, with a rusty needle at the ready...

SonicSpotlight Fri 19-Aug-16 11:14:30

That is such a cruel thing for him to say. I thought the thread title was rather harsh but you are not being unreasonable at all. That would be the equivalent to what he expected his partner to do.

JinkxMonsoon Fri 19-Aug-16 11:15:08

What a nasty bastard.

Hopefully he'll come down with appendicitis and will refuse anaesthetic for the surgery.

SonicSpotlight Fri 19-Aug-16 11:15:44

I'd also be worried about how he'll be if the DC need medication.

SlimCheesy2 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:15:45

I get very crude when I am angry slow.

PaperdollCartoon Fri 19-Aug-16 11:16:08

What an absolute rim cheese. Your poor friend. Have you seen that video where two guys try a pain simulator of a women giving birth? Maybe he should have a go on that.

SlimCheesy2 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:17:58

BF does stand up to him though, she is not totally bowed down. DC1 had the regular vaccinations for example. He could have said it as a joke and I reacted because i can't stand him- but BF gt all weepy and apologetic which makes me think ti was not really a joke.

Shizzlestix Fri 19-Aug-16 11:18:00

Have a private cut with your BF and tell her to have whatever pain relief she needs. The guys an idiot.

LyndaNotLinda Fri 19-Aug-16 11:18:00

FOTTFSOFATFOSM

JenLindley Fri 19-Aug-16 11:19:05

And this fucker will be her "support" during labour. Poor woman.

PaperdollCartoon Fri 19-Aug-16 11:19:25

Here's one version

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b81Cr97ANrk

SlimCheesy2 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:20:50

No, her mum's the support this time as he gets queasy. smile One VERY bright spot. They can probably sort it secretly between them and the medical staff.

SonicSpotlight Fri 19-Aug-16 11:21:15

It's great that your friend can stand up to him when it comes to their DC. I'm sorry for her that she has him as a birth partner.

SonicSpotlight Fri 19-Aug-16 11:22:07

X posts. That's brilliant.

Why am I not surprised he gets queasy.

0hCrepe Fri 19-Aug-16 11:22:49

Yep clearly a total nob, but he's also leaving himself wide open to having to endure any type of medical procedure in the future without pain relief which will hopefully come and hit him in the balls. Though I'm sure he'd find a way of that being 'different'. Can't stand smug dicks like him.

Trifleorbust Fri 19-Aug-16 11:24:03

That really is a bit odd. You might be very anti-medication yourself but it's inappropriate to pressure others to go through extreme pain without pain relief. What a weird man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now