Talk

Advanced search

Crappy brews from colleague

(21 Posts)
molyholy Fri 19-Aug-16 09:26:42

How do I tell him that his coffee making skills are shite. There is only me and him. I always offer to make them, or refuse, but sometimes he will just make one when he goes the loo or whatever.

I really do not know how he makes them taste the way they do. I have said, can you put my milk in first please etc. I am honestly not fussy, but how can you make a drink taste like dishwater. It's wierd. Spoonful of coffee, milk, hot water.

How??????

ThePinkOcelot Fri 19-Aug-16 09:29:41

I always thought it was coffee, hot water then milk.

PovertyPain Fri 19-Aug-16 09:31:27

Bring a flask, make it up when you get in and put a plant pot on your desk. When his back is turned, pour the tea into the plant and pour yourself a fresh cup. or shove his head into the cup and drown the twit May be slightly addicted to a good cup of coffee.

NarcyCow Fri 19-Aug-16 09:31:59

Ask him for two spoons of coffee next time. Sorted.

I always put the water in first, I find the coffee doesn't dissolve properly otherwise.

carbcraver Fri 19-Aug-16 09:33:52

coffee - milk - hot water shock

No no.

Coffee - cold water (so the coffee grounds don't scald) - hot water - milk if required. grin

molyholy Fri 19-Aug-16 09:34:38

Sounds like a plan Poverty

I find milk in first makes for a cremier tasting cuppa. We use skimmed milk, so maybe that's where the issue stems from grin

molyholy Fri 19-Aug-16 09:35:36

I do:
coffee, milk, stir, hot water, stir.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Fri 19-Aug-16 09:38:09

Poverty the plant will die.

Better to just kill the colleague.

carbcraver Fri 19-Aug-16 09:52:47

Can you try tea?!

currentlyunavailable Fri 19-Aug-16 10:03:12

With instant coffee, I prefer
milk + coffee, 30 sec microwave, then hot water + sugar.

How often do you like to drink coffee? You could have morning and lunch and tell him you are cutting down on cafeine for the rest of the day. I would just have one sip, let it go cold and bin it!

honeycrumpet Fri 19-Aug-16 10:03:57

Are you using fresh milk? Sometimes we have to resort to UHT in our office and it definitely has a weird aftertaste, nothing to do with which order things go into the mug.

Otherwise, start making them yourself before he gets a chance to!

PovertyPain Fri 19-Aug-16 11:10:26

Good point King. Wouldn't wish it on the poor plant, the bad coffee maker, on the other hand. wink

90daychallenger Fri 19-Aug-16 11:13:02

Not BU at all. I have a colleague who always makes me horrible tea. He's very kind to make it. But it's horrible. I've tried telling him how I like it but he still fucks it up.

I've been researching contract killers for a while now.

Marmalade85 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:14:29

Is it instant coffee? All instant coffee is shite.

OpenMe Fri 19-Aug-16 11:21:26

Best way never to be asked is to make it badly. I've worked with a few of those.

Kingsizecrochetblanket Fri 19-Aug-16 11:21:40

I feel your pain. I broke my ankle and I'm dependant on family for my hot drinks.
I've not had a single coffee that tastes of anything other than dishwater in a month.
I need to plan an escape.

OpenMe Fri 19-Aug-16 11:26:44

A broken ankle means a month or more of being unable to make coffee? Come on grin

Osirus Fri 19-Aug-16 11:30:29

The plant would die and the stench of old milk from the pot would be awful (been there!).

Danglyweed Fri 19-Aug-16 11:49:32

After 7 years my dh still makes shit coffee.

maddiemookins16mum Fri 19-Aug-16 11:54:23

Milk in last makes it watery.
Get mug
Add coffee (Milicano is coffee of choice)
Add one sugar
Add milk (third of the way up)
Add hot water
Microwave for 30 seconds to make it a bit nicer
Stir.
Add several biscuits for maximum pleasue.

Kingsizecrochetblanket Fri 19-Aug-16 11:54:51

Openme this house has so many stairs it's like an Escher picture! I'm pretty much trapped. I have another 4 weeks minimum in plaster too. Was a very bad break.
Send pigeons with coffee!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now