Advanced search

Daughters house floods

(6 Posts)
passionflower50 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:37:55

Aibu my daughter returned to her house last night to find downstairs flooded it's a housing association property which she moved into end of May a valve on the boiler caused the boiler to spill water put all over ruining brand new carpets and kitchen flooring aunty to think it's the h.a.responsibility to replace carpets she's a single parent with 2 childrenx

GladAllOver Thu 18-Aug-16 20:43:00

That's an awful thing to happen, but we can't decide whose responsibility it is. She will need to look at her tenancy agreement and if that isn't clear, talk to the HA.

LIZS Thu 18-Aug-16 20:44:04

Are her contents insured separately or can she claim via ha policy?

IceMaiden73 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:44:07

Oh no how awful for her

She needs to read her tenancy agreement and speak to her insurance company

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:47:15

When my roof leaked in a Housing Association flat I was given a £20 voucher and told to claim on my home insurance - I had none so had to pay myself.

Some HAs are better than others in terms of rectifying damage so worth giving them a call to see if they are willing to replace the carpets.

SuperSaint Thu 18-Aug-16 21:31:05

I work for a housing association. I would expect the housing association has only insured the building and any contents will be her responsibility I'm afraid. Has she got contents insurance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now