Advanced search


(16 Posts)
passionflower50 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:45:37

Aibu my daughter moved into a housing association house in May put all new carpets down Tec she's a so.go we mum with 2 dc last night she . Went home to find downstairs flooded from boiler which had a faulty valve am I right to think housing association should compensate . Her for Ruined carpets

PolterGoose Thu 18-Aug-16 16:00:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Thu 18-Aug-16 16:02:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

passionflower50 Thu 18-Aug-16 17:50:30

Sorry first time I've posted x

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Aug-16 18:28:12

Hullo passionflower50 - not to worry, we'll move this to a different topic for you.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 18-Aug-16 18:32:10

Her house insurance will cover it surely?

PitchFork Thu 18-Aug-16 18:37:30

that's what contents insurance is for.
they would take it up with housing assiciation if needed.

Mouikey Thu 18-Aug-16 18:37:42

Yep should claim on house insurance and see if HA will pay the excess

harderandharder2breathe Thu 18-Aug-16 18:50:53

House insurance should pay but probably worth asking the HA to cover the excess if the faulty boiler is the cause

passionflower50 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:50:03

She doesn't have insurance she used every spare penny to furnish house for herself and children my argument is that if the boiler had been serviced prior to her moving in surely they would have noticed .she's not used heating since moving in because it's been too warmx

passionflower50 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:51:30

She's a single parent with 2 children x

LaurieFairyCake Thu 18-Aug-16 20:59:20

Well she can complain, maybe they'll make a good will gesture smile

But she really needs to buy insurance and buy it above carpets

BopToTheTop Thu 18-Aug-16 21:00:20

Sorry but she should have had insurance in place

I would expect that if she approached the housing association then they would tell her to go through insurance

Bungleboggs Thu 18-Aug-16 22:13:55

Her contents insurance company will claim against the HA insurance, so wont be classed as a claim on her part

Bungleboggs Thu 18-Aug-16 22:16:50

Sorry didn't read that she was not insured, they might offer something towards the carpets but most HA offer such cheap insurance, they may say that she should have been insured

Jacobbay Thu 18-Aug-16 22:21:30

I worked for an HA. It's very unlikely that they will compensate for the carpets as this would be classed as a contents insurance matter. No harm in asking though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now