Should simple things be this difficult

(5 Posts)
Oliversmumsarmy Thu 18-Aug-16 14:04:48

AIBU or should buying books off Amazon be this difficult.

Fwiw this incident has left me a blubbering wreck. Our family has had some really shitty things happen this year but this seems to be the straw that broke the camels back.

We have ordered regularly from dps Amazon account. His password he knows and has been saved to the computer but for some reason today it just kept saying "password incorrect" it wasn't having any of it.

So we go down the forgotten password route which brings us onto a page where you have to put in various obscured letters and numbers. Again didn't matter how many times we tried it just said we were entering it wrongly.

So I go down the route of trying to get them to call me. First phone call I can hear them on the other end of the phone but another taped voice was offering various options. I put the phone down and tried again. This time no taped voice but I was saying hello, the person at the other end of the phone was saying hello but they couldn't hear me. Tried twice more then exploded.

8angle Thu 18-Aug-16 14:08:47

Sorry that you have had a shitty year flowers

Step away from the amazon page and leave it for today. Do something nice - go for a walk take a break anything to make you feel a little bit of happiness right now.

And there is always an "old fashioned" book shop you could go to...

Oliversmumsarmy Thu 18-Aug-16 14:24:09

Don't even get me started on book shops. That is why I ended up on Amazon.

Went into the website of our local book store. Yes they have the book in stock. Drive , park, pay for parking and walk into the store.

"No we don't have that book in stock. Have you tried our website." Come home, order the available book on line. Only for a Sorry Out Of Stock notice to appear.

No wonder I don't read. These books are for ds's GCSE lessons.

Dd needs the complete works of Shakespeare. I was leaving that for another day.

Dd ordered An Inspector Calls last year for her GCSE. Apparently it wasn't the right issue of An Inspector Calls.
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

8angle Thu 18-Aug-16 14:29:35

I think this could be a "life lesson" for your DC - they can source the books (whilst you put your feet up!) and then you will enter credit card details at the end!

Oliversmumsarmy Thu 18-Aug-16 14:40:28

The biggest problem was getting to pay for the books. Dh has had to change his password on the Amazon account, which involved a lot of problems, then he had to change his password on the email address as he had forgotten that.

Given dd and ds are both dyslexic, ADD and ADHD I shudder to think what I would have been paying for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now