Talk

Advanced search

To just leave her?

(12 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Thu 18-Aug-16 12:54:17

My 15 month old is a really good sleeper.
On a normal day, she wakes at 7am, naps from 11:30-1/1:30, then is asleep for the night by 7pm and sleeps through until 7am most nights.
But the last couple of days, she's been going down for her nap at 11:30 and waking after only an hour - which is clearly not enough because by the time 4pm rolls around, she's knackered. She doesn't cry, but chats to herself and has a little bounce around. AIBU to just leave her in her cot until 1 as long as she stays happily chatting away and doesn't become upset?
I've seen people say to other mums netters who's kids are nap-avoiders, that quiet time in their cot is almost as good as a nap?
Feel a little bit weird about leaving her upstairs while she's awake, even though she seems quite happy!

sooperdooper Thu 18-Aug-16 12:56:48

If she's not upset I think it's fine, and surely a good thing she's so content on her own for a little while

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 18-Aug-16 12:58:23

She's still laying down (can see her on the video monitor), she just chatting to herself! I'm going up to get her now, but sea been awake for about 25 mins!
I feel a bit mean leaving her up there!

Sparklesilverglitter Thu 18-Aug-16 12:58:53

If she's happy why not

KondosSecretJunkRoom Thu 18-Aug-16 13:00:26

I think quiet time in the cot is as good as a nap for the mum grin

If she's content to sit in her cot quietly then give it a go and see if she is able to go longer without getting tired but I wouldn't hold my breath (I might cross my fingers though)

Niloufes Thu 18-Aug-16 13:06:53

If she's happy there is no issue.

PotOfYoghurt Thu 18-Aug-16 13:08:09

Why don't you try putting her down later so she sleeps 1-3 etc?

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 18-Aug-16 13:10:45

I'm going to try putting her down later tomorrow I think smile
She's only just dropped to one nap a few weeks ago, so was struggling to stay awake until 11:30 once her morning nap stopped, but now I think she's adjusted and could go longer smile might try 12:30 tomorrow

ShtoppenDerFloppen Thu 18-Aug-16 13:26:31

I found with my children that moving to one nap in the afternoon happened between 15 and 18 months. It didn't happen overnight, but once a new nap schedule was established, evening/night sleep improved dramatically.

You are definitely on the right path...

Candlefairy101 Thu 18-Aug-16 13:29:50

If you've always responded to her in the past when she called then in the future she will always tell you when she's unhappy.

I would say it's lovely that she's happy to just play on her own for a bit, she may enjoy a little break away aswell as mum smile

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 18-Aug-16 13:34:27

I she heard me go up the stairs and to the toilet before I went in her room and changed from just general chatter to "Mama, mama, mama" grin so she obviously knew I was going to get her. And when I walked in, she stood up, waved and said "HI!!" grin
I'm pretty sure she's not traumatised by 25 mins by herself 👌🏻

MrsMozart Thu 18-Aug-16 13:48:13

I think it's important for everyone to learn to be on one's own, so the more gently it can be done the better, which this sounds perfect for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now