Talk

Advanced search

What running shoes do you recommend for my poor achey knees?!

(9 Posts)
Flamingo1980 Wed 17-Aug-16 22:33:09

I've just started to take up cross county running and I was really getting into it until both my knees have started to really ache and pull so I've had to go back to walking. My friend pointed out that I should have proper running trainers.
What ones are the best for protecting fragile knees on county runs folks? You're always fab with advice like this I will do anything you say....

Finlaggan Wed 17-Aug-16 22:34:18

You should go to a running shop & have your gait analysed. They'll help you pick the right trainers

Euphemia Wed 17-Aug-16 22:36:09

You'd be best to go to a Sweatshop store where they look thoroughly at your gait, running needs, etc. and advise you on the best trainers for you.

Blondie1984 Wed 17-Aug-16 22:36:46

Agree with the PP - it really is the best thing to do as they can take a good look at your feet and then recommend what would be best

roasted Wed 17-Aug-16 22:38:52

Running shop. They'll look at your feet, plus it's amazing how similar looking brands feel very different on. When I went to buy my running shoes, I was given several different types to try, and I really hated the way one of them felt instantly. The internet can't tell you that.

You can always reorder the same pair over the internet when they wear out... But get your feet assessed properly at least once.

helenatroy Wed 17-Aug-16 22:42:55

Sweaty Betty give amazing advice on trainers. The girls in the shops have extensive training. Lovely stores too

TheNaze73 Wed 17-Aug-16 22:47:25

Agree with all the other comments about getting your gait looked at a running shop. The one I used were brilliant, I fancied a really sexy black pair of adidas running shoes that were £140. They measured my gait, said they'd be wrong for me & sold me a pair of Assics for £90 instead. They did themselves out of selling me a more expensive pair & I got 3 marathons out of them & still use them for spinning & circuit training

Flamingo1980 Fri 19-Aug-16 09:28:28

Ah amazing thank you everyone! As soon as pay day hits I'm off to sweaty bettys as there's one nearby.
Thank you again I really appreciate it xxx

ghostyslovesheep Fri 19-Aug-16 09:35:16

Also make sure you stretch your quads correctly - often knee pain is due to tight muscles rather than your knees

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now