Talk

Advanced search

To ask your advice on this?

(5 Posts)
Attethersend43 Wed 17-Aug-16 14:38:22

Someone very kindly helped me prepare for a big exam with weekly sessions (I paid for the sessions but they work in a slightly different industry so we're doing it as a bit of a one-off).

They had a personal tragedy just before my exam (so no sessions missed, even though wouldn't have been a problem if they were obviously in light of the circumstances!) and I expressed my apologies about situation.

They then asked if I could let them know how things went for me and give them a reference for upcoming work which I was very happy to do.

However things got in the way and this all happened over 2 months ago with their email left unreplied to as I was waiting for results. (I feel so rude!)

Would it be ok to pop a gift in the post (chocs/posh cake?) with a little message saying thanks and then follow up with an email saying thanks for everything, I have my results and am v grateful for your hard work? And then attach a reference? I have this persons address from invoices but there is a small chance they may have moved I guess??

Attethersend43 Wed 17-Aug-16 14:39:33

Or email first and then pop something in post after? I feel better doing it the first way round as they're so polite I'm sure they'd refuse anything extra. But I want them to know how grateful I am for the preparation and help.

NewNameNotTheSame Wed 17-Aug-16 14:41:23

Why not email first to acknowledge the delay, tell them you now have results and will do reference and also check if they are still at the same address if you want to send a gift too?

Attethersend43 Wed 17-Aug-16 14:48:20

Good idea. Do you think the delay was rude? I feel bad about it! Essentially they sent their email just before my exam and results were only release a couple of weeks ago.

8angle Wed 17-Aug-16 15:10:49

I would email them first, apologise for the delay (that way you are covered whether they thought it rude or not!), share with them your thanks, appreciation and results (plus reference), and check their address then send them a gift!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now