Talk

Advanced search

To be so distraught

(8 Posts)
Purplesky2 Tue 16-Aug-16 17:07:56

Ds1 (9) has been at camp since Monday. I feel bereft and tearful. This is not a normal reaction I'm sure but it is happening. I am counting down the time until he returns. I'm worried that if this is my reaction what will I be like when leaves home.

NavyandWhite Tue 16-Aug-16 17:09:17

When is he home?

Is there other stuff going on that could be making you feel like this?

acasualobserver Tue 16-Aug-16 17:09:21

Well, that won't be for another 30 years of house prices keep rising!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 16-Aug-16 17:11:31

Is anything else causing you to be particularly emotional?

Honestly, by the time he reaches 18 you'll be packing his bags for him. only half joking

Purplesky2 Tue 16-Aug-16 17:14:08

I don't think anything else is making me feel like this. I'm just a nutcase this week. I go to work tomorrow - that will help.

PacificDogwod Tue 16-Aug-16 17:18:03

Address this anxiety now - yes, work (and any distraction) will help but don't let this anxiety overwhelm you or get to the point where he is aware how you feel when he is away.
You've recognised that the strength of your feeling is not really good for you, he is getting older and therefor more independent/will likely go on other away trips etc - if you can find a way to be happy for his new experiences and increased horizons while also enjoying a bit of child-free freedom grin, that would be good for both of you.

I hope you have a very happy reunion when he's back thanks

Irelephant Tue 16-Aug-16 17:18:57

It's normal my youngest is on her third week away and my oldest just got back yesterday.

I missed them and got a bit weepy. Did enjoy the peace tho.

MiddleClassProblem Tue 16-Aug-16 17:22:12

Book something in for some you time. Cinema, massage, out to dinner. Something that maybe you don't normally get to do. Or even have a night out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now