Talk

Advanced search

Holiday pay

(5 Posts)
amidestinedtobechubbyforlife Tue 16-Aug-16 00:08:52

I am prepared to be told if i ABU just want some unbiased opinions.
I've given my notice at work, due to many issues arising the past few months and them not being sorted.
Technically on a zero hours contract (no contract at all) but never happened. A months notice was mentioned (after the notice I gave) which was not mentioned until now. Am I still entitled to my holiday pay if I don't work this imaginary month notice period?

alleypalley Tue 16-Aug-16 00:11:15

Do you mean holiday that you've already accrued? They can't withhold holiday pay that is owed to you.

amidestinedtobechubbyforlife Tue 16-Aug-16 00:13:13

Yeah that's what I mean - I've used the gov.uk calculator and it says I've accrued over £400. I've used a couple of hours since the start of the tax year confused

OreosAreTasty Tue 16-Aug-16 00:15:06

By the sounds of
It they're rather shit employers. I'm not sure if you're entitled or not but I'd hazard a guess that you are. I doubt you'll see that money though sad sorry

amidestinedtobechubbyforlife Tue 16-Aug-16 00:17:35

In their defence when it comes to the taxman and things they're sticklers for doing everything by the book, keeping records for everything, nothing is hidden for tax purposes etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now