Nuby Nibbler, how to bloody clean! (weaning)

(13 Posts)
christmasid2 Mon 15-Aug-16 21:37:34

nuby.com/en-GB/nuby/solid-feeding/5360/

ok, so how the hell do you clean it?
I've had banana in it and soaking and scrubbing with a toothbrush are not working, grrrrrrrr
(posted this in Weaning but no one replied)

RagamuffinAndFidget Mon 15-Aug-16 21:39:28

Put it in the bin and just give your baby a banana??

percythepenguin Mon 15-Aug-16 21:39:30

I used it once, had multiple attempts at cleaning it and then binned it!

SalemSaberhagen Mon 15-Aug-16 21:39:30

We had one. Used a banana in it....threw it away. I'm sorry!

SalemSaberhagen Mon 15-Aug-16 21:40:04

Percy you and me both!

ninenicknames Mon 15-Aug-16 21:42:34

Bin it!

Bearfrills Mon 15-Aug-16 21:44:34

The only thing I found them good for was teething - stuff it full of ice cubes and give to angry baby to gnaw on.

For actual food? No. A million times no. It's not worth the cleaning.

If you press gently on the side of a peeled banana it sort of splits into three stick shaped segments. Ideal size and shape for baby to hold.

blueturtle6 Mon 15-Aug-16 21:47:30

These are great for ice when teething. You can get plastic ones for bananas etc.

christmasid2 Mon 15-Aug-16 21:58:00

blueturtle6 - what are the plastic ones called please?

PP - splitting the banana in 3 down it's natural segments is a good idea

I have found what Nuby expect you to do, and that's to endlessly buy more of the nets
www.nuby-uk.com/view-product?filter_name=nibbler&product_id=414

and using it for ice when teething, brill idea (she's not that bad with her teeth yet) thank you!!!

juls1888 Mon 15-Aug-16 23:06:26

I put it in the dishwasher 3 times and the washing machine twice and it was still minging so was binned! Absolute waste of money.

Noctilucent Mon 15-Aug-16 23:13:04

Wash by fingertip with washing up liquid to remove food bits. Chuck in Milton steriliser overnight. Comes out perfectly. Great for first tastes and ice cubes, as many have mentioned.

blueturtle6 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:40:58

The plastic one is clevamama clevafeed on amazon. Can't link sorry

Fresh01 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:13:05

Banana needs washed out with hot soapy water very quickly after use or it never cleans.

Nuby is great for chunks of melon, cucumber, apple. These are much easier cleaned out.

Also if you don't use the Nuby you can just grate a pile of cheese, carrot or cucumber. A grated pile of something whilst in the highchair in the kitchen was how I got 10mins to finish making dinner on many evenings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now