We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anyone has experience with Airbnb refunds?

(12 Posts)
LemonySmithit Mon 15-Aug-16 11:44:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MillionToOneChances Mon 15-Aug-16 11:47:53

I would tackle it through your credit card company if Airbnb are not cooperating.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 15-Aug-16 11:48:19

Did you give them chance to resolve it before you left? You're supposed to give them the chance to either "fix" the problem (cleaning, supplying something that is missing, etc) or move you elsewhere.

Given that you have proof, I imagine the only difficulty you could run into is if you didn't give them chance to rectify. I know the UK court system would expect that if you tried to get a refund from the host too, but I'm not sure about HK.

MillionToOneChances Mon 15-Aug-16 11:48:21

And you should get all of it back, not just a portion!

HedgehogHedgehog Mon 15-Aug-16 11:53:40

You will probably be refunded by airbnb and then some just keep on at them about it. ive found that they are usually great with their customers when it comes to refunds. I once got refunded a whole bill when i couldnt stay somewhere even though it was partially my fault, i also got a 100 pound gift voucher.

LemonySmithit Mon 15-Aug-16 12:32:52

Mouikey Mon 15-Aug-16 15:58:33

I had a situation where the host couldn't host us... Whilst the host was rather lax in resolving the situation, Airbnb were fab and they resolved it swiftly and we got a full refund. We used the online chat thing which (although I was apprehensive) was pretty good!

LemonySmithit Tue 16-Aug-16 07:25:52

myownprivateidaho Tue 16-Aug-16 08:17:35

I got a refund from airbnb in similar circumstances. They actually gave us a voucher for quite a significant sum too - I think it was £150 (the booking was for a month so refund was significant). There's a number you can call on the airbnb website if you find it easier to talk to someone. Just be factual and clear about why it was unliveable -- the host will say it's completely fine so there's no point mincing your words. And of course demand a full refund not a "portion" (even if you'd accept a partial refund).

LikeTheShoes Tue 16-Aug-16 09:20:38

AirBnb won't have given the money to her until you've been there 24 hours (I think) so she won't be able to refund you in cash.
They are usually very good with customer complaints/resolutions (they found us a similar place in the USA when the one we booked wasn't what we got) and paid the difference for us (but it was a few years ago now)

LemonySmithit Tue 16-Aug-16 09:26:42

Poptart27 Tue 16-Aug-16 09:32:22

No experience of refunds but we stayed in an Airbnb in HK at Christmas. NEVER. AGAIN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now