Talk

Advanced search

There is no need to be so noisy?!

(10 Posts)
kennycat Sat 13-Aug-16 20:15:58

Our neighbours are literally the loudest people on the planet I think. And they have a couple of even noisier friends. Every weekend they are bellowing in their garden for what seems like hours. Then they get drunker and louder.
It is their son's birthday today. I get that they've got the noisy folk round to cut his cake, which is totally understandable, but he's gone to bed now and the adults are just getting louder and louder. The dad has been axing some wood for the fire pit for the last hour and my daughter is terrified with every bang so she isn't asleep yet.
Unnecessarily loud people just really do my swede in. They can't talk, they can only shout and squawk.
I realise I probably sound like a right killjoy but it's so annoying. Especially when I've had to shut my windows on a warm night so I can hear myself think/hear if my children shout for me.

And visitors always beep their horns outside the house before they come and ring on their doorbell.
Shut the F*(" up.
They are such nice people but far too loud. Why are people like this?!

Shinyshoes2 Sat 13-Aug-16 20:19:09

Are you sure they are that loud that you have to shut your windows or are you just intolerant
And is the ace really that loud too ? Surely it's just a chopping noise

Shinyshoes2 Sat 13-Aug-16 20:19:24

Axe

Missgraeme Sat 13-Aug-16 20:22:15

Maybe politely ask for some notice next time they are going to have a big shin dig? Then make sure the kids are extra tired out that day. And if they twig they should remind u they may realise just how often they are being really loud neighbours! We gave the same bother - my dd shouts out her window for them to be quiet quite often!!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 13-Aug-16 20:22:36

A wood chopping axe has no place at a drunken birthday party. This is like an opening scene on Casualty.

Rollonbedtime7pm Sat 13-Aug-16 22:34:40

Yanbu - our neighbours are the same. Of course the sun being out means the whole effing Street wants to hear you bellow at each other all night and listen to your shit music! confused

Don't get me started on the really thick sounding dog next door that barks under the echoey car port exactly at the kids' bedtime every night! angry

I am not a tolerant person.

KC225 Sat 13-Aug-16 22:38:03

ILostitintheninties. An opening scene from Casualty hahaha. Very funny

Crunchymum Sat 13-Aug-16 22:43:00

ILost gringrin

kennycat Sun 14-Aug-16 19:44:40

It's not so much the axe which is noisy it's the caveman like roar that goes with it 😝 And the wobbling of the unstable surface he's using. Tbh I think he's actually using a rock rather than an axe. It does indeed sound like the opening scene of casualty.

I can just picture the thick sounding dog!

Witchend Sun 14-Aug-16 20:11:45

Poor you. I'll hazard a guess you live next door to my bil. He's quite proud of being loud.

If anyone asks if they've met him I say "Sssh, listen. Yep you can hear him." The response is usually"does he live near" and I say "no up.in Scotland, but you can still hear him."
If they have met him there's usually a pause and then a knowing grin. "Oh yes, I do know him in that case." It's a foolproof method and never got wrong results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now