Talk

Advanced search

What's the name of the washing potion that gets rid of sweat?

(21 Posts)
bbcessex Sat 13-Aug-16 12:16:34

hello hello - sorry - not an AIBU - read a post the other day with a lady asking for help in getting her clothes BO-free in the summer... some posters recommends a washing liquid ... want to get some for sports gear but can't find the post..

Can anyone remember what it was? Thanks!!!!!

hollinhurst84 Sat 13-Aug-16 12:18:29

Halo sports wash
Dettol laundry liquid
Zoflora

Don't use fabric conditioner as it holds he sweat smell in

deathandtaxes123 Sat 13-Aug-16 12:19:35

Sweat stains or the smell of sweat?

ClopySow Sat 13-Aug-16 12:21:01

Zoflora was the one everyone was posting in that thread

Sandyclaus Sat 13-Aug-16 12:21:54

Dettol anti bac laundry wash

wobblywonderwoman Sat 13-Aug-16 12:22:16

Vinegar on the underarms before washing really works

bbcessex Sat 13-Aug-16 12:34:41

Thanks all.. Zoflora was the one I was thinking of :-)

I've been using loads of fabric conditioner to try and get rid of the smell (smell, not stains)... was that wrong?

Fluffyears Sat 13-Aug-16 12:47:33

Get the clean line fragrance I love it, I have to dry indoors on clothes airers and live the smell in my house.

ScarlettDarling Sat 13-Aug-16 12:49:33

How do you use zoflora for washing clothes? I pour a bit down plug holes and in the cistern for a nice smell but wouldn't know how to use it for washing?

hollinhurst84 Sat 13-Aug-16 13:41:51

Yep the fabric conditioner holds the sweat smell in. Wash without it

bbcessex Sat 13-Aug-16 13:44:21

Will try that hollnhurst.. didn't realise that.

Scarlett - I was going to ask the same thing... I'm assuming you can put a bit in the washing drawer?

SilverDragonfly1 Sat 13-Aug-16 13:49:35

Yes- I just use ordinary disinfectant as Zoflora reminds me of being sick blush

iPost Sat 13-Aug-16 13:57:46

Bung the offending item in double ziplock bags. Stick it in the freezer.

You'll still need to wash it, but the whiff causing bacteria will be dead due to the temperature it was exposed to.

Works also with that horrible "I forgot about you in the washing machine" smell, when even a second wash can't can't rid of it on its own.

dementedpixie Sat 13-Aug-16 14:02:56

You put a capful or two into the fabric dispenser bit of the drawer

dementedpixie Sat 13-Aug-16 14:03:22

I thought the freezing stuff to kill bacteria was a myth

expatinscotland Sat 13-Aug-16 14:03:39

Halo all the way!

DoitotmeSheldon Sat 13-Aug-16 14:08:11

Wow, every day really is a school day! I love zoflora, I use it for refilling reed diffusers too. Not used it In laundry before I'll give it a go 😊

dementedpixie Sat 13-Aug-16 14:11:01

From zoflora website:

Can I use Zoflora disinfectant in the washing machine?

Many people have used Zoflora in their washing machines for many years to freshen laundry and kill bacteria, especially with pet bedding, sports clothing etc. Just add 2 capfuls to the fabric softener compartment to use in the final rinse cycle.

Pendu Sat 13-Aug-16 14:13:52

Is this the same zoflora that is lavender/summer bouquet etc, or some other offshoot?

dementedpixie Sat 13-Aug-16 14:15:35

Yes its the same stuff

iPost Sat 13-Aug-16 14:37:59

demented

I have a 16 year old basketball player in combo with 30°C heat and skyrocketing humidy. It makes for fuggy sports kits. All of which have "wash at 30°C" labels. I was going through a box of Napisan a week because of the lingering whiffyness issue. Not since freezing.

If it's a myth it has nicely timed itself with a sudden improvement in the de-ponging power of my usual powder. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now