We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think people should respect blue badge spaces..

(12 Posts)
ColdTattyWaitingForSummer Fri 12-Aug-16 15:21:24

Even without the threat of a fine?
My blue badge has been an absolute Godsend. I struggle with walking, struggle with steps, and need plenty of room to open my car door. Today I've been to the hairdressers, which is based in a gym, and irony of ironies people drive there to exercise but won't walk the extra ten feet to the door. I'm now at the soft play with ds, and both of the blue badge spaces had cars illegally parked in them. Neither car park comes under the duristiction of local parking wardens.
Aibu to think people should still leave them for those that need them, and are entitled to use them? Or am I being over sensitive?

Shizzlestix Fri 12-Aug-16 15:23:45

Yabu to post another bb thread when there is a live one of 7 pages already.

GlitterNails Fri 12-Aug-16 15:26:33

No, of course it's not over sensitive. People are selfish.

I visit a gym twice weekly that had a medical clinic in it, so has a lot if disabled visitors. If I can't get in one of the closest bays, I can't get to my appointment.

Luckily, the gym manager is fully aware and asks staff to monitor the spaces. They do tell people off if they park without a badge.

The other day a car of four men from the local football team parked in the blue badge space. A member of staff went out to ask them to move - one of them pulled out a blue badge and showed chucked it in the car, and they all went in laughing, to use the gym. That's how selfish people are.

ColdTattyWaitingForSummer Fri 12-Aug-16 15:28:21

Ok.. I was upset and posting on my phone and didn't think to check first to see if anyone else had posted on the subject.. I didn't realise I was meant to?!

ColdTattyWaitingForSummer Fri 12-Aug-16 15:29:51

And glitter that's rubbish.. Glad the staff at least try to help though.

Nassau Fri 12-Aug-16 15:53:15

I always thought that the 'person' had the blue-badge not the 'car' so the badge could be used in different cars but the person had to be in the car too. Is that not right?

ColdTattyWaitingForSummer Fri 12-Aug-16 16:09:36

That's right.. I mostly use it in my own car, but I can use it in a friend's car if I'm traveling with them.

ginghamstarfish Fri 12-Aug-16 16:12:54

Yes, you're right, the person who owns the BB has to be in the car, but don't say this on the other threads or you'll get your head bitten off.

IcaMorgan Fri 12-Aug-16 16:25:21

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131798

Petition to stop disabled bay abuse, please ign and share

Nassau Fri 12-Aug-16 16:57:37

Oh right. So the the 4 football guys above are even bigger wankers!

suchafuss Fri 12-Aug-16 17:22:03

GitterNails you can have a BB and still use the gym. I have one and have had part of my foot amputated. Doesn't stop me using some of the facilities.

ColdTattyWaitingForSummer Fri 12-Aug-16 17:37:23

Petition signed!
And I think mostly my point, and serious frustration when I first posted, was how so many people only obey the rules in places they're likely to be fined if they don't, but park with impunity if there's no risk of getting a ticket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now