Talk

Advanced search

To want to move back?

(3 Posts)
Givemeabone Fri 12-Aug-16 12:27:52

Dh & I met in an area of UK. We both love the area but when we had kids we decided to move away as the schools as a whole aren't great.
Fast forward 2 years, we've bought a house in new area, dc are settled in a lovely school and the area is great. It's 3hrs away from original area.
But I find myself pining to go back to where we came from. I grew up 45mins from original area so have family closer there, I have lots of friends right through from school/uni/work/parenting. I want to move back, but I feel it's unfair on the kids. Who although they miss the original area their education is much much better here!

ABloodyDifficultWoman Fri 12-Aug-16 12:34:03

That's a tricky one. Are you maybe remembering through 'rose tinted specs'? How about spending a week there when you have some holiday time and that might give you an idea as to whether you really want to go back. You might find a visit confirms that you were right to leave.

Givemeabone Fri 12-Aug-16 12:49:16

Thanks abloody
I go back often, stay with my folks and visit old friends of mine & dcs from there. So I know that I still like the area and I love meeting up with old friends.
I think part of the problem I have is that although I have met new friends here, none of them are close that I can pop round for a brew/support/chat vice versa. The friendships are all still armslength and I don't know how to sort this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now